need exercise song ideas (any genre)

Options
I am updating my ipod and I need good working out songs!! I love everything country, rock, r and b, don't really care for rap but willing to listen to it if it is a good song!

Replies

• rougette66
    rougette66 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    party rock anthem-lmfao(their songs are good to workout to),*kitten* back home-gym class heros,maroon5,blackout-breathe carolina,good girls go bad-cobra starship,turn me on-david guetta ft.nicki minaj,ET-katy perry,Sabi-Wild heart,bury me alive-we are the fallen,lina magic-3d friends,shooting star-david rush, in the dark-dev,
  • addisondisease2
    addisondisease2 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    scary kids scaring kids
    brand new
    Johnny cash
    armor for sleep
    AFI
    Dead To Fall
    Norma Jean
    Love you Long Time
    Chromeo
  • mcrmsi77
    mcrmsi77 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    scary kids scaring kids
    brand new
    Johnny cash
    armor for sleep
    AFI
    Dead To Fall
    Norma Jean
    Love you Long Time
    Chromeo
    Awesome ideas ;)
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Madonna's Hard Candy CD works really well for me! Belly dance music has a great peppy beat too.
  • GeneveSparkles
    GeneveSparkles Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    If you have a smart phone easiest thing to do is to listen to Pandora on your phone so you don't have to download or search. Just an idea :)
  • JMac0415
    JMac0415 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The song that picks me up the most during my workout is Peanut Butter Jelly Time! Irony, no?

Also gotta love old funk/soul - Brick House by the Commodores, Get Up Offa That Thing by James Brown, Flashlight by Parliament, I'm Coming Out by Diana Ross...

I'm also on Rhapsody and I searched other people's playlists for inspiration. If you use rhapsody or spotify or something like that, you should try that, too.
  • plumnbagel
    plumnbagel Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I took a walk yesterday, and "Walk" by the Foo Fighters came on my iPod. Let's hear it for synchronicity! (Hey, come to think of it, "Synchronicity II" by the Police would be a good one too)
  • megs2003
    Options
    My favourite work out song is "What you waiting for" by Gwen Stefani. It has a great beat and the lyrics are surprisingly motivational.
  • nmakh
    nmakh Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hey baby by pitbull
    blackout breathe carolina
    if you week amy, i wanna go,stronger, til the world ends, all by britney spears
    idk why but i REALLY love to workout to how to love by lil wayne when i work out! lmao i mean not in the beginning when i'm trying to go intense but when it comes on in the middle or the end i just feel great and it makes me want to jam :)!
    my humps. black eyed peas
    stronger kanye west

that's all i can think of! a lot of those are old but i really like them :)
  • Chubbyhulagirl
    Chubbyhulagirl Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    "Go Girl" and "Krazy" -Pitbull
    "I fell in love with the DJ"
    "Move ya Body"-Nina
    "The Reason"-Hoobastank
    "Rockstar"-Nickelback
    "Dont Stop the Music", "Rude Boy", "SOS", "Disturbia" and "Only Girl"-Rihanna
    "Get Busy"-Sean Paul
    and anything that makes me feel like dancing...
  • Asheea
    Asheea Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I open Pandora and click on "Rio Soundtrack" and let it take me through my workout. It gives me songs from not only the movie, which I love, but others like Rihanna, Jay Sean, Usher and such. The best songs from the movie that I love to move to are "Funky Monkey" and "Hot Wings". Love the beat!
  • mcrmsi77
    mcrmsi77 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Sorry guys I always forget to check back if people don't comment for a while! Thanks so much for the ideas ;) going to use tons of your guys songs. And I like pandora but I hate that it only has a few times to turn the song! I know they have to but it stinks!
  • StrawberrySt
    Options
    Santogold 'Unstoppable
    Sia 'Clap Your Hands'
    La Roux 'Bulletproof'
    Beyonce 'Single Ladies'