30 Day Shed - Could I use it like this?...

Options
I have been hearing some good things about this program and I'd really like to try it. But I've also been working on my running and I have been training to build up to running a 5k. I don't want to stop my running plan in order to do this 30 day shed program.

Could I still do my running 3 days a week and do the 30 day shed program the other 4 days (or maybe 3 & a rest day)? Obviously, I wouldn't get the same results in a month, but do you think I would still see the same kind of results over two months (or three) or would it lose it's effectiveness if I am not doing it every day?

Replies

• meghan1789
    meghan1789 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Bump?
  • karenhs2
    karenhs2 Posts: 197
    Options
    I did the 30DS in January with a group. Honestly, I don't think I would do it daily if I did it again. I did take one rest day a week and felt like I really needed it. I think you could use it 3 to 4 days a week and get good benefits from it. It definitely helped my endurance though I am not a runner.
  • kbw414
    kbw414 Posts: 194
    Options
    It's not going to lose its effectiveness if you don't do it every day. In fact, it might be better to give the muscles time to heal before continuing on. Exercise is exercise; you'll see the benefits no matter when you choose to do it.
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I think you would get some results doing it 3 times a week. Better than not doing anything. Just do level one about 10 time or maybe 9 or even when you feel comfortable with it, then move to the next level and so on.
    I always start off strong and end up quitting before I get to week three. The great thing about it though is it's only a 20 minute DVD. You always have time for 20 minutes right? :)

Oh and I meant to say good luck!
  • bpsotka
    Options
    I am doing that exactly - C25K and 30 Day Shred. I attempted to do them both everyday but found I got waaaaay to sore! I definitely recommend doing each about 4 times a week instead of both everyday!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I did 30DS a couple of years ago, and averaged about 4 days a week with good results. I now have a stack of Jillian DVDs which I rotate through, and I'm on my second week of C25K. I do a DVD 5 or 6 days a week, and the C25K the recommended 3 days a week, and I take Sundays off completely with no problems. Go for it! :happy:
  • littlemegzz
    littlemegzz Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    My sister and I are actually starting the 30DS this monday. You are more than welcome to add me and you can join us doing it too. My sisters account is appleseeds
  • appleseeds
    appleseeds Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    every day!!! every day!!!!! do both :). hehe. Either way ali, I just like the neatness of doing one thing every day. I was really tempted to start tomorrow!!! But I realised I work from 9am to 1pm, then I have rehearsals straight after finishing at 9pm. So it looks like I will be starting on monday like we are supposed to.
  • smoochiepink
    smoochiepink Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i am planning to start on monday as well
  • Elizadolots
    Options
    Definitely! Go for it. A really effective workout, and rather enjoyable. But running will give you the buzz nothing else can.

Good luck!
  • cam_l20
    cam_l20 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm doing both the 30DS and a programme similar to C25K. I still do the 30DS on the days that I run - I actually find it easier immediately after a run!
  • smoochiepink
    smoochiepink Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    is it ok to do 30ds without the weights?
  • holyguacamole37
    holyguacamole37 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    YES. Even Jillian herself said she didn't intend for 30DS to be done 30 days in a row - she meant for it to be utilized in a combination of healthy diet/other exercise. So really, I think your plan sounds perfect - alternate the shred with running and ABSOLUTELY give yourself a rest day!! Your muscles are gonna need time to recuperate. =)
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Totally!! Jillians real plan for 30 DS is 2- days 30 day shred 1 cardio- 2 30 day shred 1-cardio then 1 rest day
    So you really wouldn't be that far off :-)
  • HopeBay
    Options
    I downloaded it a few weeks ago but I needed some motivation. Think I just got it here. I will try to start tomorrow!
  • DinkyDini
    Options
    I just got it myself, and was thinking of starting it today. I can't do it daily because of my schedule, I'm hoping to do it 3-4 days a week at first, and then once my endurance is better maybe I can fit it into my schedule..but I figure 3-4 days a week is better than none!
  • mdh1127
    Options
    I just got it today. I plan on starting it tomorrow and I am so excited. I keep hearing so many positive comments about it. I also just started running again. Glad I saw this before I started it. Good luck to everyone with the program...I cannot wait!
  • HopeBay
    Options
    What weights (lbs) are you using?