Only 6 lbs. down, but body has changed! (pics)

Options
adc45
adc45 Posts: 14 Member
P1010005.jpg
this is 4 years ago, 144 lbs. I'm 5'5" before I started an exercise routine

IMG_1399.jpg
Now, I'm 138 lbs. Went down to 131 at one point and have crept back up in the last year. I wear a size 4 pants now and Medium tops. I teach Body Pump, a 60 minute barbell strength training class 3x a week now. I had to take pictures to prove to myself that even though I'm not where I want to be with the scale, my body has changed a lot over the years. I am much stronger and lift heavy weight in class and on the gym floor and enjoy zumba and the elliptical as well.

P10100032.jpg
IMG_1411-Copy.jpg
Keep in mind I have had 3 children, though all in the 6 lb range, my tummy did NOT like being stretched out! Don't know if I'll ever be able to fully tone that! And I think I am most proud of my muscles now! I love my arms, shoulders, and back and feel strong.

So, just another example of someone saying do NOT get too hung up on the scale. Even though this is only 6 lbs. difference, I think my body has changed a bit. Here's to 8 more lbs! (hopefully!)

Replies

• dadoffo
    dadoffo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Looks good. keep it up.
  • kimmyj74
    kimmyj74 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    First- you look GREAT!

Second- I get annoyed by people who constantly worry about the NUMBER on the scale. I always say it's more about being healthy and toned and fit. You are living proof of this! I wish I could share your story to all my friends who worry about their Number. I strive to lose the fat on my body and be toned and look healthy and strong like you. Great inspiration!

Third- Thanks for sharing :flowerforyou:
  • adc45
    Options
    aw thanks so much! I tell you though, it really is hard not to get hung up with that dang number on the scale!! I mean, for how hard I work out, I expect a lower number, but then I look at the pics and realize my weight has redistributed itself and a lot of my before "fat" is now muscle, I feel tighter and stronger and pretty fit for a mom of 3. But I know what you mean, it's easy to just think a lower number is everything and truly it is not! I think I needed the self esteem boost, so thank you. :)
  • madeinforks
    madeinforks Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Wow! that is very inspiring! I too had lost only 7 pounds on my first weigh in and I had worked very hard, but as you said its not always the pounds..the fact that I have firmed up is more of a story than the lbs. Keep up the good work! it shows!
  • adc45
    Options
    7 lbs. is great! Keep up the good work! Glad to hear you're firming up and feeling better! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!