when in doubt... eat oatmeal

Options

Replies

• smoochypearl
    Options
    I never knew so many people eat oatmeal and peanut butter i have never heard of that
  • TaraMKL
    TaraMKL Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I love steel cut oats. I make up a pan full, then just portion it out every day. I add 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce and cinnamon. Never thought to add in PB2!! I'm gonna have to try that!
  • smoochypearl
    Options
    oatmeal is basically a carb food, right? and carbs drive insulin and insulin drives fat.... do the research!

next time, consider eating protein with fats...you will fuller so much longer and more satisfied......

youtube.......undergroundwellness guy.....

do the research :)

cooooool
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    oatmeal is basically a carb food, right? and carbs drive insulin and insulin drives fat.... do the research!

next time, consider eating protein with fats...you will fuller so much longer and more satisfied......

research also says that we need carbs to live. Carbs are VERY healthy. Just not refined carbs like white bread, etc. research supports it. :)
  • sandyrrt
    sandyrrt Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I like the steel cut oats. takes a little linger to cook but I love the nutty, chewy texture. I usually make a pot Sunday night, put in frig. and it's ready for several morning meals. I also dress it up with raisins, cinnamon, a packet of Truvia and some Almond milk. Yum Yum!
  • wendyapple
    wendyapple Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    dark chocolate oatmeal...only 160 calories got it from this organic store it cost me $1.70

i found this stuff too! lavish? ate two servings of it before realizing it's got some form of dairy in the chocolate which was why my mouth felt like i'd chewed up a set of razor blades. but it's damn tasty with some strawberries.
  • smoochypearl
    Options

research also says that we need carbs to live. Carbs are VERY healthy. Just not refined carbs like white bread, etc. research supports it. :)

that is also true a little oatmeal never hurt nobody unless your using chocolate syrup
  • spacecampsucks
    spacecampsucks Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal tastes like glue :(
  • smoochypearl
    Options
    dark chocolate oatmeal...only 160 calories got it from this organic store it cost me $1.70

i found this stuff too! lavish? ate two servings of it before realizing it's got some form of dairy in the chocolate which was why my mouth felt like i'd chewed up a set of razor blades. but it's damn tasty with some strawberries.

o geez :o... but heck yea LAVISH kicks butt
  • _CiaoParis
    Options
    I like strawberries and cream instant flavor oatmeal. Not healthy... I know but I dont care :)
  • 1_Slick_Chick
    1_Slick_Chick Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    i just tried Oatmeal (with cinnamon, vanilla extract & splenda) mixed with Chobani Vanilla flavored Greek Yogurt. 170 calories of carbs & protein....keeps me full all morning...Yum! :bigsmile:
  • 1_Slick_Chick
    1_Slick_Chick Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    oops meant 270 calories :laugh:
  • smoochypearl
    Options
    oatmeal and a peach ..YUM
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    i also recommend Overnight Oats mmmmmmmmmmmm!!
  • captaincharisma24
    Options
    I usually like oatmeal with bananas
  • smoochypearl
    Options
    Oatmeal tastes like glue :(

:O..oatmeal hater
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal is high carb with not enough fiber or protein to split the difference.
    Plus, nobody eats plain oatmeal, they put other high carb stuff in it so it tastes like dessert.

Exactly^
    It's just a big bowl of carbs and people add sugar on top of it.
  • blueeylb
    blueeylb Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    i like oatmeal. i used to like it with peanut butter but pb is band from my house

Have you tried pb2 peanut butter powder??
    It tastes nearly the same and is MUCH better for you!!!!

where would i find pb2 peanut butter powder?
  • smoochypearl
    Options
    i also recommend Overnight Oats mmmmmmmmmmmm!!

whats that???
  • smoochypearl
    Options
    Over 40 studies show that eating oatmeal may help lower cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease. According to Quaker, all it takes is 3/4 cup of oatmeal each day to help lower cholesterol. The soluble fiber in oats helps remove LDL or "bad" cholesterol, while maintaining the good cholesterol that your body needs. In January 1997, the Food and Drug Administration announced that oatmeal could carry a label claiming it may reduce the risk of heart disease when combined with a low-fat diet.

The soluble fiber in oatmeal absorbs a considerable amount of water which significantly slows down your digestive process. This result is that you'll feel full longer, i.e. oatmeal can help you control your weight.