New! Feel free to add me!

Options
Hello,

My name is Rachel, I'm 24 and my goal for this year is to lose 100lbs (and then more next year!)

I've only just discovered MFP, however I have been on a "diet" for the last month and have lost 30lb.

I've been on a few diets in the past (and a lot when I was a child/teenager) but have never been this motivated before... And none have lasted more than a month!

I have a skin condition called psoriasis which is gradually getting worse (it seems the bigger I get the worse the flare ups get) so I'm losing weight because I'm so sick of being stuck in bed and in pain every few months due to a bad flare up :(

Please feel free to add me, I plan to have my diary public to friends so we can share each others experiences

Replies

• crystalgifford
    Options
    30lbs in a month! That's really awesome! Keep up the great work!
  • Courtney24107
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well! :) I love new friends!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I'll agree 30lbs in a month is awesome. I've only lost 24 :( now I feel bad. I got to try harder.
  • spacecampsucks
    spacecampsucks Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'll agree 30lbs in a month is awesome. I've only lost 24 :( now I feel bad. I got to try harder.

Don't feel bad :( I started at 431lbs, 30lbs seems a lot in a month but when you think about it in percentages, it's not much at all

Now I feel bad for making you feel bad :(
  • tierneymichele
    Options
    Hi! That is really great that you lost 30lbs already! Can I ask what kindof diet you are on? I am always interested in hearing different things that work for different people. I am always looking for new people to make friends with and to help each other stay motivated! Feel free to add me too!
  • spacecampsucks
    spacecampsucks Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi! That is really great that you lost 30lbs already! Can I ask what kindof diet you are on? I am always interested in hearing different things that work for different people. I am always looking for new people to make friends with and to help each other stay motivated! Feel free to add me too!

Sure!

I've mainly been filling up on vegetable stir-frys. Abdout 3-4 times a week for dinner On other days I have a portion of carbs (usually a jacket potato) and lots of veg.

I usually eat 2 pieces of fruit a day. I'm averaging about 1200 calories a day BUT I'm told this is too low so plan on raising it to about 1600 a day by adding more meat/protein.
  • tierneymichele
    Options
    ooh vegetable stir-fry! That sounds delicious!
  • sbouvier725
    sbouvier725 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just started about a week ago - lost 2 lbs already. Just got my husband hooked today. I run (started 5 days ago and have run every day since using the Couch to 5K plan) and he ran with me for the first time today. Hoping this app to track food is the kick in the butt I need. I know it makes me think about my food choices...which I have not in the past!