Random question (ladies)...Laser Hair Removal?

Options
Hey ladies! (and guys). Okay, so the truth is, we all hate shaving, waxing, plucking...all of it is a whole jar full of suck. Sooo what about laser hair removal? I know it's expensive, but is it worth it? Opinions, experiences, and stories wanted :) Thanks!

Replies

• katie133
    katie133 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I actually got it on my underarms and am really glad i did.. its too bad it's so darn pricey .. had to go back for a few "sessions" and now nothing grows back there at all.. I would love to get it on my whole body!!
  • mybeach27
    Options
    ya the place i was looikin at was 6K for the whole body (6 sessions)
  • katie133
    katie133 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I wish!!!
  • oOTeresaOo
    oOTeresaOo Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I work at a Derm Office and ive gotten it done(for free :)) i think its totally worth it. 6k sounds like a lot though. Just do one area at a time and spread the cost. Have u compared prices with other places? oh and never go to a "Day Spa" for laser anything :)
  • oOTeresaOo
    oOTeresaOo Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    and its never completely gone. every other year u will need a touch up
  • wendyapple
    wendyapple Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    and its never completely gone. every other year u will need a touch up

this.
    and it might be every year. and it might be twice a year you need a touch up.
    but once the initial redness and swelling goes away (about a day), and the follicles work themselves out (about a week), you're baby bum smooth for at least a month and change. i fought this battle over the course of about 6 years. i do spot treatments with electrolysis now and find it to be more permanent.
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    bump :flowerforyou:
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I got it done for some facial hair. I think it cost me $2,000, however I got financing with no interest and paid small monthly payments. I think it is totally worth it, but its a process, it does not happen over night, I believe I had 12 sessions in 2 years The space out the treatments due to the different stages of hair growth. I do touch ups for $1 a pulse, I usually need 35 pulses after 6 months. The darker your skin is (which mine is) the more sessions you will need.

2521768.png
  • PansyPansyowsy
    Options
    i love it! i got it done on underarm, full arms, lower leg and bikini! so much more convenient!

yet it is expensive, but i m sure it worths! just calculate how much u spend on waxing a month and how many years to have to do! save so much time n trouble too!
  • todaysanewday
    Options
    Funny you posted this because today I just ordered myself an at home one that's suppose to be awesome, it's called tria and its waaaaaaaaaaaaaay cheaper than getting it done in a laser hair removal place. i'm so psyched to get.
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    When I was younger, I had a thick trail from my navel downwards. My mom had a lot of facial hair (thanks to our PCS that runs in the family), and we both ended up going to a WONDERFUL lady who did electrolysis on us. I NEVER had a problem with pain, had about 2 hours of warmth that felt like a sunburn on my stomach, and here I am, over 15 years later, and NEVER had the hair grow back.

At that time, I think my mom paid $60 for 60 minutes for both her and myself.
  • KristinLeAnn252
    KristinLeAnn252 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    It's actually one of my rewards! I found a Groupon for it and I get a large area done for $199. When I reach that goal, it's already paid for :)
  • tolygal
    tolygal Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Bumping!

I've been considering electrolysis because I'm sick of waxing (the cost and the pain). I believe electrolysis is permanent but kind of painful and expensive (and takes many sessions to be completely done since it's one hair at a time). Can they do laser treatments down there (all of it I mean - like a Playboy wax)? Is it painful? Is it better than electrolysis? I haven't looked into either enough, but I'm so sick of waxing...
  • pg1girl
    pg1girl Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I got my underarms done and it was totally worth the money. Hurt like a mofo and I am not a wimp when it comes to stuff like this. Wish I could afford to do my legs too but for now it is waxing.
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    lmao at jar of suck!! i would if could, i shave often and try to keep uhem.. neat? lol
  • SoTweetie
    Options
    I have been chronicling my Brazilian laser hair removal treatments on Youtube. My channel is SoTweetie, if you want more info. I have had 2 sessions so far. In short, I would recommend it!
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I've tried it to remove facial hair caused by PCOS. It was not as effective as I hoped. A lot depends on the colour of the hair to be removed, and I think, what type of laser is used. Darker hair it worked fine on, the lighter hair not so much. So I'm now trying to find a good electroisis person to get rid of whats left.