Hidden Facts: Vitaminwater, more sugar than anything.

Options
One of thing I like about preparing my shake everyday is to be able to mix it with pretty much anything for a good, low calories lunch or snack. Today I felt like mixing it with tasty water and the corner store didn't have any of the ones I like so I just bought 'vitaminwater', thinking it was water and vitamins. Of course, I was a little worried about the ingredients I could read but I thought...they must be in small quantities considering there's no nutritional fact label on it!

Ha- Ha- Ha- !

vitaminwater_xxx.jpg

See how it's only for 240ml? There's 2.5 servings per bottle! 13g of sugar X 2.5 = 32.5g of sugar per bottle. To sum this up, more crap from Coca-Cola. It really upsets me to see how we're being constantly manipulated and how careful we have to be about everything we buy.

Is there anything that surprised you in a bad way like that one, and that you would like to share?

Replies

• kealey1318
    kealey1318 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Wow, I had no idea... I stick to regular water or iced tea (unsweetened). I totally cut out the Diet Coke that I used to drink gobs of. Thanks for bring this to my attention!!!
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I like the VitaminWater Zero...though its probably a sugar substitute...

Really though...I don't consider it "being manipulated" when its right there on the label. I'm with you that a serving size *should* be a bottle...but it's not like they are lying...
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Vitamin Water Zero is excellent. They sweeten with stevia, a natural zero calorie sweetener!
  • ViSabbi
    ViSabbi Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    One my bottle I dont even have nutritional facts on my label which is what upsetted me the most I think. There was no way to know the quantities really.
  • sarglava
    sarglava Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    But they sure are tasty. And better than a coke so I'll drink occasionally-- zero of course.
  • JessAryn
    Options
    Thats strange that the nutrition facts werent on the label. I've never seen a vitamin water without them before =/
  • Mnata
    Mnata Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Probably sounds weird, but dried fruit. I was getting some to put in my oatmeal, looked at the nutrition facts on reflex, and found out there was 100-150 calories per quarter cup! Luckily, I found some freeze-dried fruit with a lot fewer calories. Like you found out, healthy doesn't mean low in calories.