Starbucks

Options
So what do you guys order at Starbucks and other coffee shops when you want to stay on track? I just had a nonfat latte today (with caramel syrup.. oops!) and it was amazing. Does anyone have any other tips on good items to order ?

Replies

• goodtimesdani
    Options
    So what do you guys order at Starbucks and other coffee shops when you want to stay on track? I just had a nonfat latte today (with caramel syrup.. oops!) and it was amazing. Does anyone have any other tips on good items to order ?
  • sjschwab
    sjschwab Posts: 15
    Options
    i order non-fat latte's -- venti is 190 and tall is 110 i think. but i don't like the skinny lattes with thier yucky sugar free syrups(ICK) sooo not bad
  • alyfin
    alyfin Posts: 103
    Options
    Tall Frappuccinos with no whip. They are sweet, but only 140 - 240 cals depending on which flavor.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I usually just stick with a nonfat latte, though I have to say around the holidays I did indulge in a nonfat peppermint mocha here and there..just a tall! :) Besides the drinks, Starbucks sometimes has some decent food options. The sandwiches are good. There are some lower cal/fat choices at most locations. If yours has it, try the chicken bruschetta sandwich! Yummy! If you can, ask them to warm it up for you too! Even better!
  • AndreaMMil
    AndreaMMil Posts: 165
    Options
    triple venti cappucino, nonfat, extra dry with a shake of nutmeg.
  • eyescatchfire
    eyescatchfire Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    tall nonfat caramel macchiatto, somewhere in the neighborhood of 200. Now I want one!:laugh:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1789-20-calorie-ummm-good-drink?hl=starbucks+coffee#posts-10583
  • lilmandy89
    lilmandy89 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    just like...Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino...... but healthier

2 Tbsp water
    1/2 Tbsp instant coffee
    1 tsp sugar
    20 ice cubes
    1/2 c fat-free half-and-half
    2 Tbsp chocolate syrup
    1/3 c fat-free whipped topping in an aerosol can

1. In a small microwavable bowl, combine water and coffee. Microwave on high for 1 minute or until coffee dissolves.

2. Add sugar. Stir until dissolved.

3. Transfer to mixing bowl. Add six ice cubes. Stir.

4. When ice has almost melted, add half-and-half and chocolate syrup. Stir. Pour into blender. Add enough ice cubes for liquid to reach 16 oz. Blend on high for 30 to 60 seconds until just slushy. Pour into a 16-oz tumbler. Top with whipped topping.

241 calories, less than 1 g fat
    You Save Almost 200 calories 15 g fat 10 g sat. fat per serving
  • Jennifer09
    Options
    Viente iced coffee unsweetened with room, then I add about 2 tablespoons of non-fat milk and one sweet and low. A lot of people don't know, but according to my friend who is a barista their coffee is stronger than their espresso. :drinker:

**Another silly tip: Put one of those cardboard sleeves that they normally use for hot drinks around your iced drinks and it soaks up the condensation that forms on the outside of your iced plastic cup. This prevents water rings when you set your drinks down on your desk/furniture!
  • sonia2
    sonia2 Posts: 154
    Options
    skinny plain lattes or plain(no flavor) fraps--- Yummy
    They take all my chocolate cravings away and make me full!
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Options
    Iced Grande Non fat chai. About 160 cal, not bad, I can usually still have a snack to go with it without blowing my calories.
    Yummy!:happy:
  • strongmom
    strongmom Posts: 72
    Options
    tall non fat latte with 2 equals....sweet....yum!! I love the caff buzz. haha
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    oh boy a peppermint mocha now we're talking....sigh I love the holiday coffee flavors LOL

I don't get many starbucks although I do love them, but I always make a point of going around the holidays for the peppermint mocha and the gingerbread flavors...YUM!

hugs....is it too late for coffee ....lol!
    Ali
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    depends on the time of day but my two favorites are

triple tall nonfat vanilla latte
    or
    grande iced coffee no syrup (I add a tsp of raw sugar and tbsp of 1/2 & 1/2 at home)
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I order nothing from starbucks and instead use the calories for a big, fat, peanut butter and banana sammich! mmmm....sammich.....
  • 2kidsandadog
    2kidsandadog Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    At the Starbucks by my place they have a BIG book with the nutritional values of every single thing that they sell!