Help Me On My Journey

Options
DLJ_77
DLJ_77 Posts: 100 Member
I am almost 35 and have been through some stressful and highly emotional events in the past 6 months. I don't feel that I need to get into too many details, but I am newly single and realizing that life on one income is not easy. I am trying to find a part-time job and often the stresses get to me. I tend to eat horribly when I am sad/angry/emotional. I have realized that for a long time I have put my needs on the back-burner and I need to switch that focus back onto myself. I have been unhappy with my weight, to varying degrees, for the past 7 years. I managed to lose 20 pounds on WW a couple of years ago, but I gained it all back rather quickly. I still cannot quite figure out how that happened! Anyway, I am 5'3" and currently 162 lbs. My goal is to get down to 117. I am looking for supportive people who will not only help hold me accountable, but who will also be a little patient with me when I am having overly emotional days. No, I am not a whiner, but I also need to stop providing excuses for myself. Any support is much appreciated!

Replies

• JDavid007
    JDavid007 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Sent request. I am very good at providing support to all of my MFP friends!!
  • allybee00
    Options
    Hello! I'm new to MFP too. I really understand how emotional trauma leads to not taking the best care of yourself -- I've been there myself and am trying to recover. This site is definitely a step in the right direction. There are so many positive and inspirational stories and so much support here! So, welcome from another newbie. I'm going to send you a friend request!
  • lilcmac22
    lilcmac22 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. A little encouragement and motivation goes a long way.
  • JDavid007
    Options
    bump
  • JDavid007
    Options
    Another bump for my friend!
  • cdgeilman
    Options
    Well first i want you to know ,you can do it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! start exercising walking anything, just keep moving check into tabeo i love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!! im a single parent and i know its hard but i also learned that exercise is the key and for me instead of going for the food when upset , go to exercise take today ,im fixing up tiny Valentine cups to give to people and there was a mini reeses i checked the calorie count and thought is it worth 10 minutes of exercise 80 calories ???? see i also believe you dont need to stop eatting the things you love just work it in your daily guide , i also have 50 pounds to lose ive lost 40 it just takes time but it WILL come off ,like i said you can do it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Flyer615
    Flyer615 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    FR sent.

Endeavor to persevere.
  • LardoMcNardo
    Options
    Hi

I'm a 48 year old man just starting out here because a friend of mine from high school looked at some of my facebook pics and said he was doing an intervention *head palm*. I'm 5'9' and just weighed in at 299 lbs. I've been avoiding this issue, but i know I need to do something quick because my body is starting to ache because of the extra weight. 10 years ago I was about 8-90 pounds lighter, and i want to lose at least 99 lbs, but I'm not very educated about how to use this site or what to do.
    I could definitely use some support and help learning what to do on a daily basis. If anyone feels so inclined I would appreciate the help.
  • Switty_Kitty
    Switty_Kitty Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Hi! Im sending you a request, because sometimes we all need a little kick in the *kitten* for motivation. So I'll kick you, if you kick me :flowerforyou:
  • ktmartin422
    ktmartin422 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am new MFP and could use some friend motivation too. I will send a FR.
  • kandydomaracki
    Options
    welcome to the emotional eaters club, just kidding....i use junk food as a way to self medicate tuff feelings also...just started weight watchers and with this my fitness pal to stay connected to great people.... i only lost a few pounds so far..i have been too busy with the kids after work to exercise, but hoping this weekend to go for at least 2 long walks...feel free to add me
  • clearvisions
    clearvisions Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    COUNT ME IN! SEND FRIEND REQUEST. GOING THROUGH A LOT OF THE SAME.
  • clearvisions
    clearvisions Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    MY FRIEND HAS HAD SUCCESS WITH "CHANGE ONE"; YOU CHANGE ONE MEAL AT A TIME. PICK BREAKFAST ONE WEEK AND REVAMP IT TO A LOWER CALORIE VERSION. CHOOSE SNACKS THE NEXT WEEK, ETC. CHANGE ONE THING AT A TIME FOR ONE WEEK AT A TIME. SEND FRIEND REQUEST AND I CAN GIVE YOU MORE/DIFFERENT INFO LATER.
  • aquafinax
    Options
    lol- your title is exactly how i Feel. I still dont have self control- I ask others family, ect, just not to bring certain things around me- magically there sits new glazed dougnuts on our stove, cheetos in the pantry..ect. Its easier if the foods are just not there. I have been on my journey forever, gotten there once and let it slip away, and I'm climbing that mountain again but Lord, it seems harder this time. My llife is busier, more emotional too than it has been. My weights are similar to yours and im also short and more petitie so gaining 5-10lbs in winter looks more like 15-20 on my frame. Also- anyone know how to update your weight?? i have been on here maybe 5 days - lost 2lbs so far...happy but wish to see it come off faster - thats 2lbs in 2 wks. ...consistency is the key