5'10 and looking to lose around 100 pounds total, anyone els

Options
I have already lost 15 pounds since starting MFP. Anyone else looking to achieve the similar goals and want to support each other?

14588090.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I just started and am looking to lose 80-100 lbs. 5'9" male here. Feel free to add me!
  • itsirkmr
    itsirkmr Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10.5" and would like to lose 119 pounds. I'm working on it!

ETA: I have lost 24 pounds since Dec. 31st.
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I am almost 6 feet tall and have lost 54, but need to lose at LEAST 67 more pounds. We can do it together.
  • JohnnyBlaze554
    JohnnyBlaze554 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to loose about 100 to 110 more already down 30 from my max weight. I've been losing weight much faster with MFP and Fitbit.
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Good Luck on your Journey I'm 5'7 lost 105! :)
  • bigsean72
    bigsean72 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    looking for more fitness pals, i just started this program this week and really love it. would love to have more finess buddies please feel free to add me. bigsean72
  • Megan2Project
    Megan2Project Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9, I will be losing over 100lbs (fingers crossed), I'm down 51 from September, and 71 total since last Feb.

Feel free to add me :)
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10" and have passed my weight loss goals. Although I am not really adding new friends, I am always willing to reply to messages if you are looking for any extra encouragement.

Here is a bit of advice that I generally give people who ask based on what worked (works) for me:

1) The quality of your calories - whether 1200 or 2000 - really does matter, not only in how it impacts weight loss, but how it impacts your overall health. Filling your body with NUTRITIOUS foods is just as important (if not more so) than just staying within your calorie goals.

2) Find a kind of exercise you enjoy and do that until you build the habit of exercising because you are less likely to skip working out if it is something you enjoy. Then start incorporating new things - you not only will work new muscles, but you may find new things you enjoy.

3) Eliminate temptation. If you are an emotional eater, don't keep junk food around. If it isn't available, you're less likely to binge on it.

4) Indulge cravings... sensibly. If you are dying for chocolate, have some, BUT... try to find the healthiest option (for example, one small square of dark chocolate, or make some hot cocoa with some milk or almond milk, cocoa powder, and stevia, which is a natural no-calorie sweetener) and keep the portion small. If you completely deprive yourself, you're going to binge. If you are sensible about things, you won't feel deprived.

5) Drink lots of water. It helps in so many areas. Yes, it does help with weight loss, but it also helps your body function better, flushes out excess sodium, keeps you feeling full longer, and the list goes on and on.

6) Don't skip meals! Eat breakfast in the morning to fuel your body and get your metabolism going. Have a mid morning snack (fruit or nuts are good, or maybe some yogurt). Have a sensible lunch. Have a mid-afternoon snack (I am a huge fan of baby carrots and will eat several servings a day - they are so crunchy that they are really satisfying). Eat a nutritious dinner in a sensible portion. Don't go for seconds. Have a glass of water before and after and then wait 20 minutes after you are done eating. If you are still hungry, have a piece of fruit or some extra veggies.

7) Don't give up! If you stumble or mess up one meal, one day, or even for a whole week, just start over.

8) Listen to MFP. If it gives you a calorie goal that is a lot higher than other people's - LET IT! A heavier body requires more calories to function and MFP will give you the deficit you need to lose weight steadily and in a healthy manner (not more than 2 lbs/week). Don't try to eat 1200 calories if MFP recommends more (including at least a decent chunk of your exercise calories) unless specifically advised (and monitored) by a doctor. That isn't enough for most people and you can't get adequate nutrition on it.

9) This is the motto I go by:
    EVERY CHOICE YOU MAKE ABOUT WHAT YOU PUT IN YOUR BODY AND HOW YOU MOVE YOUR BODY WILL EITHER PUT YOU ONE STEP CLOSER TO GOOD HEALTH OR ONE STEP FURTHER AWAY.

I hope this helps, and feel free to message me if you ever need any support/encouragement!

I wish you all the best!
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you want I also have over 100 to lose
  • jchocchip
    jchocchip Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'll add you. I'm 5'10 and although my first goal is 196 I will probably want to lose another 28lb on top of that... Doing c25k, swimming, cycling and tried to get into 30ds but no way can I do that every day! Add me if your goals are similar :)
  • Guitarjon
    Guitarjon Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm 5foot 10 md also have a goal of 100 pounds. I was going to put up a similar thread.
  • nmitch1689
    nmitch1689 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I just sent you a friend request. I'm from Houston and 5'9". I have already lost 40 lbs since being on MFP and my goal is to lose another 90 lbs.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Me! You can find my before/current pic here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/474956-80-pounds-lost-with-a-couple-pics

Feel free to add me.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!