Here and optimistic

Options
Hi, When I joined the site I decided to only use it as a place to keep track of cal in/cal out and weight.........yet here I am lol.
My story is simple and boring - was overweight and sterted having health problems many years ago...joined a simple 'GOOD OLE BOYS" gym w/ hubby and lost the weight bodybuilding/weightlifting and LOVED it ! That gym closed, went to a popular gym and lost my fun....this new gym was more of a "beautiful people type" and used machines for most of my old free-weight stuff. Sadly the machine which are supposed to be better on joints, were not as easy on mine and over a year I had pain using the Smith Machine and seated Shoulder Press machine.
Then one wimter got sick........and discouraged.
Then it was downward spiral which brings me to jan 3rd 2012....went to dr for bronchitis and the dang nurse weighed me !! this once size super fit super strong gal was now a weak OVERWEIGHT again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Vowed that once I was better I was gonna do SOMETHING about it.....and here I am :)
Due to joints I cannot go back to bodybuilding/weightlifting......and don't want the superlean diet that calls for either....so my BF and I are doing Wii Dance together 30 min a day 6 days a wekk (avg) along with other individual stuff and so far I've dropped 5 pounds since starting !! WOOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As for hubby - he went back to the gym and like a normal man - dropping weight like water lol.

Replies

• mrsyarnlady
    Options
    I love the weeks where I feel like I've slacked I still show some amount of weight loss. Woot!