Flat Stomach is Gone

vintageprop
vintageprop Posts: 62 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Prior to my new healthier eating lifestyle and exercising, I never had a problem with my stomach. It was usually flat. (My problems reside in the lower body) I've since built some abs doing pilates and now after every meal my stomach gets bigger than it ever was before. I notice a huge difference and it's starting to worry me.
I eat every 3 hours to keep my metabolism going but now I'm wondering if I should give my body longer breaks between food so my stomach can go down again!
Does this sound normal or familiar to anyone or might I have a real issue here? It just doesn't sound right that only when I begin exercising and eating healthier, my stomach gets bigger!
Any advice appreciated!

Replies

• sandas23
    sandas23 Posts: 16 Member
    It's hard to tell and sounds kinda strange. When you do pilates do you hold your belly button up and towards your spine. If you don't do that your belly will start to bulge.
  • Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    it doesn't sound right that exercise and eating better would do this, unless you are eating foods that is gases and causing bloating such as cabbage, cauliflower etc. You could have a issue like bacteria in the stomach- This happen to me last summer, I was feeling the same way and I wasn't over eating either. Are you stomach sick or dizzy? I end up with hplori- bacteria, it was treated for 1 week then it was gone. Track what foods you are eating and see if this causing the stomach to be bloated or fuller.
  • vintageprop
    I don't do the pilates exercises anymore because of this but this bloating is exactly how I feel because I find myself gassy a lot and I also have bowl trouble to where its hard for me to go to the bathroom..
    Crazy that so many problems show up once I start eating better.. I'm really not sure what food to pinpoint the problem but I eat a banana every day, whole grains, lots of fruit...... maybe its the fruit because I never ate so much fruit before I don't know..
    Thanks for your input, I'll look into this bacteria infection some how. =(
    Oh and I never feel dizzy or stomach sick though.
  • keppick
    keppick Posts: 36 Member
    Is it genetic? Look at your mom. It is genetic in my family. We all have lovely narrow waists and very stubborn belly fat that tends to show up and never go away around age 35-40. If it's genetic there may not be much you can do about it other than eat celery and become anorexic for the rest of your life (kidding, of course).
  • vintageprop
    Is it genetic? Look at your mom. It is genetic in my family. We all have lovely narrow waists and very stubborn belly fat that tends to show up and never go away around age 35-40. If it's genetic there may not be much you can do about it other than eat celery and become anorexic for the rest of your life (kidding, of course).

No my mom doesn't seem to have this problem. Thanks for your input though!
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    I don't do the pilates exercises anymore because of this but this bloating is exactly how I feel because I find myself gassy a lot and I also have bowl trouble to where its hard for me to go to the bathroom..
    Crazy that so many problems show up once I start eating better.. I'm really not sure what food to pinpoint the problem but I eat a banana every day, whole grains, lots of fruit...... maybe its the fruit because I never ate so much fruit before I don't know..
    Thanks for your input, I'll look into this bacteria infection some how. =(
    Oh and I never feel dizzy or stomach sick though.

I found that too much fruit made me really gassy...

I only have an apple and one banana.. more veg for me!! :o)

Hope this works?
  • nebulas
    nebulas Posts: 49 Member
    it could be gas...... i used to have kinda the same problem, turned out it was the brocolli that I was putting in my salad. Also, some foods at certain restaurants cause this to happen, they just upset my stomach and give me really bad stomach bloating and pain. It's uncomfortable and will make the loose jeans i wear feel tight.

Try changing up what you are eating and see if taking out certain foods help. hopefully it is as simple as that!
  • vintageprop
    Thanks everyone for your helpful input. :)
    It probably is all the fruit I'm eating. Crazy huh? I thought I was eating healthy and turns out it's probably harming me.
  • vintageprop
    I figured it out. It wasn't the fruit but these new exercises I've been doing lately. I can't believe exercise made my stomach bigger! Thankfully muscle goes away when its not used for a while, I don't know what else to do about it other than stop working it out.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    it sounds like you are bloated :P
This discussion has been closed.