Which Jillian michaels DVD is harder?!

Options
30 DS or ripped in 30? Anybody know or want to give their opinions?!

Replies

• apple2107
    Options
    Between those two? Ripped in 30. I did both of them before and Ripped in 30 was honestly a bit more challenging, but both of them are good work out either way.
  • Stace5
    Stace5 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I haven't done shred, but i've just finished week 1 of ripped in 30 and it is a killer!!
  • carolineb81
    carolineb81 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Ripped in 30 is much much harder!
  • Charlottejogs
    Charlottejogs Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Ripped in 30 is harder overall. I am doing Ripped in 30 but days I want to work out longer I add a 30DS after or if I am in a huge hurry or sore I still do a 30 DS.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Ripped in 30 is definitely more intense. The first level there is probably about the same as level 2 in 30 DS, and it builds from there.
  • Jazzyjules71
    Jazzyjules71 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I think RI30 is a little harder, but I like that DVD a lot more. So I like the harder, if that makes sense.
  • abraam
    abraam Posts: 25
    Options
    I've done both of those workouts and I'd have to agree with everyone else-Ripped in 30 is harder! it also has 4 levels, while the 30DS just has 3, so it's nice getting an extra workout even though it's very challenging! :)
  • AlexJourneyHall
    AlexJourneyHall Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Ripped in 30, It's definitely harder but it totally rocks.
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Ripped in 30 is definitely harder. I sweat more and burn more calories with Ripped in 30 than with 30 Day Shred. 30 Day Shred isn't a cake walk either, but Ripped in 30 is more challenging.

For instance, with 30 Day Shred, 25 minutes approximately, I'll burn 160-200 calories, usually closer to 170. With Ripped in 30 it's closer to 230 calories with a 30 minute workout.
  • BaDaSsBrUnEtTe
    BaDaSsBrUnEtTe Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    i just finished the shred and from what i hear ripped is much more challenging
  • aklitten
    aklitten Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I am almost through with 30DS and then will do RI30. I think I am doing it in the right order, as I've heard that RI30 is harder (and that's what everyone here is saying). I just wasn't in good enough shape to start with RI30!!
  • StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    RI30 ends up harder, however I find week one and maybe two of RI30 about the same as level one of 30 day shred.

The main thing with RI30 is that every move is built upon, so week one you learn the proper form of an easyish move, and then weeks 2- 4 you add something to it to make it much harder and more effective.

If you're picking between the two you should definitely go for RI30.

This actually goes for any of Jillian's Dvd's - you should always go for the latest ones as she's had years of perfecting her workouts so the latest Dvd's are set out in much safer/effective ways.

Also you get a 30 day eating plan with RI30 to help you get some food ideas

Steph x
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    i do ripped in 30, but I find it too easy...I was thinking of trying 30DS to change it up...
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I bought both and originally did some of ripped in 30 (last summer) but then went on Vacation and stopped and now have started the shred.. while i like it it seems like ripped in 30 was a little different (in a way i liked) wondered if they were the same intensity just different workouts a bit. but nice to know it is a little harder. :-) cant wait to try it with my HRM and see if there is a difference there
  • kopmom
    kopmom Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I thought Level 3 of the 30DS was the hardest for me so glad to hear Ripped is harder. What lb weights is everyone using in Ripped?
  • dancingincircles84
    Options
    I thought Level 3 of the 30DS was the hardest for me so glad to hear Ripped is harder. What lb weights is everyone using in Ripped?
    I used 10lb weights for most of ripped in 30 but I did sometimes drop down to 5lbs at the end of the workout.