Losing ~10 pounds

It looks like loosing 10 last pound is very difficult for me :frown:
I'm 5'5 and weight 140 which seems ok with my large/medium frame but I don't feel comfortable with that. I feel I have a few areas of my body that would feel better without this fat :laugh:

Since I was not loosing any weight lately I decided to change my goal and move from "sedentary" to "lightly active". This gave me 1380 calories/day instead of 1250.
This seems reasonable because according to most calorie calculators on the web I need to eat 1900-2000 cal/day and 500 cal deficit is what we want. Am I right?

However I decided I will only add 200 cal each day I exercise even if I burn 300 or 400.
Heh, let's see it this is going to work :smile:

What do you think about that?
Anybody else has the same problem?

Replies

• edyta
    edyta Posts: 258
    It looks like loosing 10 last pound is very difficult for me :frown:
    I'm 5'5 and weight 140 which seems ok with my large/medium frame but I don't feel comfortable with that. I feel I have a few areas of my body that would feel better without this fat :laugh:

Since I was not loosing any weight lately I decided to change my goal and move from "sedentary" to "lightly active". This gave me 1380 calories/day instead of 1250.
    This seems reasonable because according to most calorie calculators on the web I need to eat 1900-2000 cal/day and 500 cal deficit is what we want. Am I right?

However I decided I will only add 200 cal each day I exercise even if I burn 300 or 400.
    Heh, let's see it this is going to work :smile:

What do you think about that?
    Anybody else has the same problem?
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    You are probably right about your caloric needs, but there is one thing. I didn't see you mention anything about exercise. If you are, then scratch what I'm about to say. The last ten are probably 10 that your body doesn't feel that it really NEED's to get rid of. So it's probably gonna fight you a bit. Excercise will help with that a lot. Not only will it burn more calories and help tone you up a bit, but the more muscle you build, the more calories your body burns even when at rest. That being said, the last 10 are always tough for anyone.

Remember, the closer we get to our goal, the harder it is to lose the weight, not only because there is less fat to burn off, but the fat that is left is the oldest (and therefore furthest from blood vessels), and that is usually the last to go.
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Edyta - 140 at 5'5" on a fit and muscular body is GREAT!!!! What are you, a size 6? :tongue: Keep plugging away with the exercise, and your body will find a comfortable weight.

I saw an interview with Victoria Beckham, and she was asked, "Do you ever eat a cookie? Or have a treat?" and her answer... "No - not in the last 7 years". I think you pretty much have to literally starve yourself to keep that slim!

Good luck!
    :flowerforyou:
  • edyta
    Thanks for support AJCM :flowerforyou:
    Not really size 6 - that is my goal :tongue: I know it's ok how it is but it is very frustrating to see my clothes bought 1.5 years ego are too small :grumble: Maybe I'm just getting older :laugh:
    And I do eat sweets sometimes! I would go mad if I didn't :laugh:

I do exercise but I think I did too little cardio. Thanks for advice, Banks. I've never thought that fat that is far away from blood vessels is harder to lose, but it sounds very reasonable.
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    I would be so happy with your size again. I wa so happy at 135 but my goal now is 150. I am 5' 6" and was 238 now 214. It's tough, I know, but you hang in there!!!!!
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Ugh, Edyta, tell me about getting older... :grumble:

Your pic looks gorgeous... you've bot nothing to worry about!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Morning Edyta,

Glad you posted this, I'm struggling with my last 10 pounds too. :grumble:

I've started training for my first 10k in YEARS so I'm hoping the weight will start dropping off again. How many calories does screaming in agony burn?? :bigsmile:

Good luck to you on your final 10. :glasses:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Morning Edyta,

Glad you posted this, I'm struggling with my last 10 pounds too. :grumble:

I've started training for my first 10k in YEARS so I'm hoping the weight will start dropping off again. How many calories does screaming in agony burn?? :bigsmile:

Good luck to you on your final 10. :glasses:

LOL

Screaming in agony - hmm... probably not many calories, but I know it makes me feel better. Good luck with your 10K - you are an inspiration for me.. janiebeth
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Edyta!!!!!!!!! I feel your pain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am 5'5" as well and trying to go as low as 130. At the end of last year I was 148!! And yes, I don't care what people thought, that I did not need to lose weight, etc, etc I was not comfortable in my own skin and had to do something or instead of losing more I was going to gain more and more...so I started exercising more and watching what I ate but I needed more motivation and support and that is when I found this great site...Now I am at 136, 6 lbs closer to my goal. Most of my clothes are either too big or just perfect now!! I am feeling much much better and everyone notices it!! The people that have noticed and said they too want to lose I have given them this website but I don't think they have joined yet. It is not easy but this site and the support has helped me a lot!!! And I tell everyone that I am NOT on a diet, I am just eating healthier, exercising regularly and limiting myself to the foods that I know are not good for my health. Keep up the good work!!
  • edyta
    Ugh, Edyta, tell me about getting older... :grumble:

Your pic looks gorgeous... you've bot nothing to worry about!

Thanks, it's because this is the "better" part of me :laugh:

BTW My friend told me it's a perfect illustration to the saying "like a kid in a candy shop" :laugh:
    It WAS actually a candy shop. And I bought a chocolate there :tongue:

Time for my relaxing 25minutes yoga session :smile:

Great day to all of You! :flowerforyou: