WHY HAS NO ONE RESPONDED? PLEASE HELP :-(

Options
Hi there! I have been a member of MFP for 45 days now. My mom has just signed up so she can support me on my weightloss and also shed a few pounds of her own along the way. She introduced herself last night because she's decided she wants to be a bigger part of this and ... NO ONE RESPONDED :-(. My mom is a great woman who always has good words of advice. Anyone who claims her as a friend would be lucky. She's 67 years old and retired. She stays pretty darn active but my dad and her like to eat fattening fried foods and sweets, hence the extra weight she carries. I want my mom to live a longer healthier life. She has a habit of making any day an important day as an excuse to treat herself to eat whatever the heck she wants. I'm hoping that if she has more support, other than me and my sister, she might just listen and decide maybe that's not such a good idea. My dad also needs to lose weight, but without the help of my mom tracking his calories, he's hopeless. So... PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE send her a friend request if you think you'd be a help to her and would like motivation in return. Thanks so much for reading!!!

Replies

• Jnine25
    Jnine25 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I FORGOT TO ADD HER MFP NAME SO YOU CAN ADD HER IF YOU'D LIKE: CKathy2012

Thanks again!!!
  • JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Get her to add me if you like..no problem!!!
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I FORGOT TO ADD HER MFP NAME SO YOU CAN ADD HER IF YOU'D LIKE: CKathy2012

Thanks again!!!

Aw bless you. I will send her a request for sure once I have posted this reply. :flowerforyou:
  • Lambiii
    Lambiii Posts: 321
    Options
    i'll send a request :)
  • danyeld619
    danyeld619 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I added both of you :flowerforyou:
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Frend request sent to her : )
  • sailorsiren13
    Options
    I will add you both!!
  • strbryt
    strbryt Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Imwill go and ask her but she also needs to take contol of the situation and just start asking people as well. I know it can be scary but if she wants more of a support system then tell het to get on the community page and start asking people to who postn topics that she is interested in.
  • DKmartin3
    Options
    I would love to communicate with your mom. I'm 50 years old and trying to loose weight for my daughters wedding in June. I do try and get on here everyday but I sometimes work 14 hours a day so it makes it dufficult. I will send her a friends request. Maybe we can help each other on the journey!!!
  • witchywillow
    witchywillow Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    to be honest i didnt see the post, i only see urs today on the side of my hompage will be glad to add her, im with her there about hubby, i have to log all my husbands else he wouldnt do it lol
  • JDavid007
    JDavid007 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Sometimes these boards move so fast the posts can get buried and no one sees them. Also sometimes its just the time of day. I find posting in the late evening is best and the weekends.
  • dragomom
    dragomom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    request is sent but it is up to her if she wants to accept them.
  • JDavid007
    JDavid007 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Oh and another thing I do is ask my friends to send my friends that don't have many friends to send invites.
  • kellyyjean
    kellyyjean Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jmp1031
    jmp1031 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    i love the concern for your mom! adding you both :)
  • Shelby814
    Shelby814 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I wasn't on MFP much yesterday, but would love to friend you guys. Please add me! :)
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I sent requests to both of you!
  • ARDuBaie
    ARDuBaie Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Done.
  • Jnine25
    Jnine25 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Oh boy!!! the response is incredible and thank you so much!!!! one prob though, they are all coming to my user name... Jnine25 :-) which is ok too, but my mom's username is ...

CKathy2012

Thanks all!!!!!!! You are some amazing people!!!
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I will add you both! :smile: