WHY HAS NO ONE RESPONDED? PLEASE HELP :-(

Options
2»

Replies

• mandymichel
    Options
    That's weird... I just tried requesting her but it didn't go through.
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    It was probably posted after my bedtime. :smile:

Friend request sent.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I will add her.
  • loobie1805
    Options
    I have sent her one
    At this rate she will have more friends than you do....lol

Lou :-)
  • lookslikeyoda
    lookslikeyoda Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Its happened to quite a few people, the posts just get lost in the threads so you are lucky if anybody sees it first time. Good to see how well you and yur mum are doing :)
  • Jnine25
    Jnine25 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Imwill go and ask her but she also needs to take contol of the situation and just start asking people as well. I know it can be scary but if she wants more of a support system then tell het to get on the community page and start asking people to who postn topics that she is interested in.

trust me, if she was computer savvy, she would :-). EVENTUALLY she will get the hang of it. She's new and computers were never a need in her life. She just uses them now to give her a hobby in her retirement
  • chameleon73
    chameleon73 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Added both you and your Mom. :)
  • Jnine25
    Options
    I have sent her one
    At this rate she will have more friends than you do....lol

Lou :-)
    [/quote

ISN'T THAT THE TRUTH... LOL!!! GO MOM!!! ]BUT AS I LOOK, I HAVE 25 WAITING FOR ME! I LOVE YOU PEOPLE!
  • Redgal56
    Redgal56 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Just sent the invite!
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I have been a member of MFP for 45 days now. My mom has just signed up so she can support me on my weightloss and also shed a few pounds of her own along the way. She introduced herself last night because she's decided she wants to be a bigger part of this and ... NO ONE RESPONDED :-(. My mom is a great woman who always has good words of advice. Anyone who claims her as a friend would be lucky. She's 67 years old and retired. She stays pretty darn active but my dad and her like to eat fattening fried foods and sweets, hence the extra weight she carries. I want my mom to live a longer healthier life. She has a habit of making any day an important day as an excuse to treat herself to eat whatever the heck she wants. I'm hoping that if she has more support, other than me and my sister, she might just listen and decide maybe that's not such a good idea. My dad also needs to lose weight, but without the help of my mom tracking his calories, he's hopeless. So... PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE send her a friend request if you think you'd be a help to her and would like motivation in return. Thanks so much for reading!!!
    That was very sweet of you :) She's going to have loads of friends now! Sending a request :)
  • Brandie1029
    Brandie1029 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    invite sent! :)
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    My intro post got like 2 responses :laugh: The best thing for her to do is to jump into the conversations and make herself known! People here are for the most part really friendly and willing to add, if you are quite active in the forums! :flowerforyou:
  • savlov30
    savlov30 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I will friend her. You know that weightwatchers online has very healthy recipes. Sometimes it is free. Or she could google free healthy recipes to help her out. I do know of a great meal replacement if she is interest. One day at a time and I hope I can help to inspire her to keep on doing it. You are a great daughter. Keep up the great work.
  • Jnine25
    Options
    I will friend her. You know that weightwatchers online has very healthy recipes. Sometimes it is free. Or she could google free healthy recipes to help her out. I do know of a great meal replacement if she is interest. One day at a time and I hope I can help to inspire her to keep on doing it. You are a great daughter. Keep up the great work.

thank you!
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    i have a hard time keeping up with the posts, so it probably got overlooked. will add her :)
  • kelatha
    Options
    HI:)) you can add me you mom and you sound like great people and you have come to the rite place !!:))