Green Tea

Why Should you drink green tea.!

Replies

• lookslikeyoda
    lookslikeyoda Posts: 161 Member
    cos its gorgeous, plus antioxidants and things like that. I just like the taste.
  • allisshiney
    allisshiney Posts: 107 Member
    Bump...interested in the feedback.
  • nmj1988
    nmj1988 Posts: 65 Member
    Speeds up metabolism!
  • CFAITH_WARD
    CFAITH_WARD Posts: 281 Member
    Green tea has many benefits....I don't know all of them but the reason I drink it as an appetite suppressent. I make a pot in the morning and refill it thoughout the day with just a few lemon drops in it as water.
  • Green tea has been used as a medicine in China for at least 4,000 years. There is also research indicating that drinking green tea lowers total cholesterol levels, as well as improving the ratio of good (HDL) cholesterol to bad (LDL) cholesterol.
  • misszed
    misszed Posts: 14 Member
    I'm so bummed out to find out that putting sugar/milk/sweetener in green tea deactivated the antioxidants :(
  • imfittted
    imfittted Posts: 73 Member
    It's delicious and filled with different health benefits. (: My favorite is tazo zen. mmmm
  • Stephie_J
    Stephie_J Posts: 260 Member
    I LOVE green tea! :) I read that for it to actually speed up your metabolism then you need to drink about 10 cups a day (not sure if this is true?) It is full of antioxidants which are good for you too :)
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Cause Dr Oz said so. He probably has it on his website with the benefits it is suppose to be good for you
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    helps with digestion
    can "delete" calories (so you could lose up to 3-5 lb an year)
    anioxidants
    makes you feel less bloated
    it is really delicious
    there has been talk that it can help balanace your cholesterol

i drink it everyday!

edit: contains some caffeine so it can give a bit of a jolt when you need it
  • ^^^All of that, and the antioxidants help prevent cancer! :D
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    ALL TEAS ARE AWESOME! haha, I LOVE TEA (it deserves all caps)

Black Tea, Green Tea, Vanilla Tea, Lemongrass Tea, Peach Tea, so many more (hot teas with nothing added)

NO CALORIES

KEEPS THINGS MOVING :wink:
  • Lydiabee_4
    Lydiabee_4 Posts: 13 Member
    I'm so bummed out to find out that putting sugar/milk/sweetener in green tea deactivated the antioxidants :(

For real?! I heard that putting milk in tea caused the chemical makeup to change and that's why the antioxidants were deactivated, but I didn't know sugar/sweeteners did the same thing!
    Sad day!
  • cpudoc64
    cpudoc64 Posts: 135
    Helped me kick my coffee habit. Let's see... shows potential to fight cancer and heart disease, some studies says it lowers cholesterol, burns fat, prevents diabetes and stroke, and holds off dementia.
  • Feels like a more natural way to get a caffeine kick!
  • helps with digestion
    can "delete" calories (so you could lose up to 3-5 lb an year)
    anioxidants
    makes you feel less bloated
    it is really delicious
    there has been talk that it can help balanace your cholesterol

i drink it everyday!

edit: contains some caffeine so it can give a bit of a jolt when you need it

What do you mean by delete calories? I recently bought some green tea.. I've heard of all the other benefits you've listed but I've never heard the delete calories thing.
  • JoJoDoerr
    JoJoDoerr Posts: 173 Member

I have never heard that! Is this true? I keep a lot of loose teas around the house to make my own flavor creations....that would be a total bummer as I gotta have my honey or splenda!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member

I have never heard that! Is this true? I keep a lot of loose teas around the house to make my own flavor creations....that would be a total bummer as I gotta have my honey or splenda!
    According to WebMD and a Scottish study: They found that tea did indeed significantly increase blood levels of various antioxidant compounds -- and that the addition of milk did not lessen this effect. "Our results suggest that the formation of milk protein-polyphenol complexes does not compromise the antioxidant potential of the beverage."

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/news/20070611/milk-wont-milk-tea-benefits

This study was done with black tea, so don't know if results would be different with green tea. I hope not, because I like milk in my tea!