NEED HELP!

Options
Over the weekend I have gained 4 lbs. I know it has to be water weight.... my rings are tighter and my eyes are puffy.... I have a family reunion coming up this weekend and I don't want to have gained weight just before. ANY suggestions..... pills/ diet/ ANYTHING

PLEASE GIVE ANY SUGGESTIONS... IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ME TO BE SMALLER FOR THIS REUNION.... I HAD HIT MY REUNION GOAL AND WAS THERE UNTIL ABOUT 3 DAYS AGO, NOW THE SCALE IS GOING UP..... I AM 5 DAYS AWAY FROM THE REUNION AND IN A PANIC!!!

Replies

• Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Drink more water and eat less salt. It is counter intuitive, but drinking more water makes your body retain less.
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Yea drink more water to released the water that is retain form sodium
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    You could go drink fresh veggie juice and fresh fruit juice 2 times a day, and only have 1 meal. This has helped me quickly get my weight off and to get me started losing weight. I make my fresh juices in a breville juicer I have at home.

199725.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Water, water, water!
  • keppick
    keppick Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Relax! If your brain tells your body there is an emergency it might try to hold on to EVERYTHING! Stress makes a difference! Even if you're four pounds off your goal you still look fantastic compared to where you started. Celebrate that and go to the reunion. If it is a stress reaction telling yourself that may help you lose those surprise pounds.
  • JillDavisWright
    JillDavisWright Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You would have had to eaten 14000 excess calories in order to gain 4 pounds over the weekend. I'm sure you didn't do that. So it's probaley just fluid excess. Drink lots of water. It will come back off.
  • andlofly
    andlofly Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    well, i'm not sure how the science works but... i read somewhere that being in a swimming pool helps fight water retention. i think it had something to do with the water pressure . anyway, i know that when i go awhile without swimming and i get in the pool, i definately have to go to the restroom!!