Water intake help please

Options
So I am very aware that my water intake is awful (just a little better than nothing). I've never been one to drink fluid throughout the day.

In what ways is this harming my body? (maybe this will motivate me to drink more :/ )

Did any one else have this problem and how did you overcome it? Tricks to drink more water?

Replies

• AB963K
    AB963K Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I struggle to drink water too although I know i should so keen to see the responses !
  • heyghoge
    heyghoge Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    kind of like any other habit... gotta train yourself to it until it's more like second nature. no easy way around it! i polish off a glass when i'm taking my morning supplements, then again during/after breakfast. bam, 20-24 ounces before i'm even out the door. i drink at least a half-gallon a day, idk, i don't really think about it at this point.

try carrying around a big water bottle/jug with you throughout the day, if your work/lifestyle allows for it. if it's sitting there at your elbow, you'll probably be more likely to sip from it. (haha only if you have a job where you're able to dash off to use the restroom every so often though...) or do the same thing while you're at home, keep a pitcher by your desk/couch/wherever you park at the end of the day. i find it's easier to drink a lot if i know exactly how much i'm consuming. 'hmm i'm about halfway down through that half-gallon jug.'

some people here find it useful to flavor their water with 0 cal flavoring packets, or slices of fruit, if it's the taste or lack thereof that trips you up.

also note that foods, especially fresh produce, have water in them, so you don't necessarily need that recommended 64 oz a day in actual glasses of water. your body is pretty good about extracting it from food sources also.

google 'why you should drink water' -- plenty of good reasons.

hope that helps :flowerforyou:
  • sjwhite7
    sjwhite7 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Drinking water help wash the toxin out of your body and keep you hydrated. Your body is made up of mostly water therefore when you don't drink water you cannot replenish the water that you are losing urinating, sweating, and so forth. You also need water to replenish nutrients, regulate body temperature, and protect your joints and organs. As you can see, water is very very important to your everyday living. I used to drink nothing but soda. I hated water! But now all I drink is water. It is the only things that quenches my thirst. It helps to drink ice cold water which is also supposed to help with metabolism because you body will need to warm it up. It may also help you if you use a water enhancer such as MIO. It is zero calories and tastes like Koolaid. I hope this helps you to make a great decision for your health! Good luck!
  • Nuttytart2012
    Nuttytart2012 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello
    whenever I go into the kitchen to prepare meals, I try and have a small glass of water.
    Sometimes I drink it all and have another and think, oh I must have been thirsty but I didnt even realise! x
  • Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I'm sure this will sound silly, but it helped me with the same problem. Each time you leave the bathroom...you drink 8 ounces of water. Each and every time. I did it for about a week and now I have no problems getting all my water in. Also, I really don't like cold water...I found that for me, it needs to be room temp. If you do it consistenly, your body will start to respond and your weight loss will quicken. You may feel a bit bloated for a few days, but that will pass pretty quick.
    Hope that helps. Good luck!
  • visiri
    visiri Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Water is the best thing!!! Drink water helped me reduce my waist size by 3.5" in one week - it flushed out a ton of bloat!!! Once that happened I was sold.

Other benefits, I only gained 1 lb during my last cycle and had basically no bloating. My pores are smaller, my face is glowing, and I just feel better all the way around.

It is a hard habit to start and drinking water in the morning used to make me gag. I started with a water bottle with a straw and carried it around with me every where I went. For some reason it's easier to drink through a straw - and for me it's also easier if it's cold - so throw some ice in there too.

Now I make sure I have a glass next to me at my desk at all times. I drink water for lunch instead of a beverage (enables me to save my calories for a glass of wine later).