Need motivation :-)

Options
Hi :-) really need motivation to get exercising. I get anxious when among other people so going to fitness classes is REALLY scary (i usually have a multitude of excuses) I hate myself for this :-( I don't know why I can't seem to do it. I have all the time in the world as I quit my job (i'm looking to start my own business) but i sit down in a chair at home and thats where I stay. I always go over in my head the things i want to do and should do but then I talk myself out of it. My confidence is shot! Please help me :-)

Replies

• myopus
    myopus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I don't yet have the confidence for classes either; I use the machines at my gym but hoping one day my endurance will support me trying the classes. I love my youtube and DVDs though - maybe start there. Put on your workout outfit, down to the shoes; that helps me. Don't wait until you want to exercise before you exercise; if that were the case I would never do anything :smile: Good luck!
  • Sandy2658
    Sandy2658 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    First, you're in the right place for motivation!

I never was into formal classes or gym setting. I have a treadmill at home, some aerobic videos that I love (Richard Simmon's Sweating to the Oldies. (I like them because there are people of all shapes and sizes...not just little "Stepford" women who don't need to work out.) I have a dog that needs to be walked at least once every day. That's it. I am self employed which does have it's merits...I can exercise whenever I want. (I don't know how people who work all day do it.)

Get out of the chair and go for a brisk walk...it'll clear your head and get you're heart pumping. It'll give you a change of scenery and a change of attitude. I get my best inspirations and ideas while I'm walking my dog or running on the treadmill. (If you're planning on starting your own business this is worth it alone!) Start with the walk, up it to a jog and pretty soon you'll be running.

The biggest thing to remember: You're doing something for you...for you. You're doing something positive FOR YOU in your life. This is a good time to be selfish.