zumba calories burned?

Options
I'm sure this is somewhere but I can't find it.

a friend invited me to a Zumba party tonight. it's the first time I'm doing it. :tongue:

TIA

Replies

• bjfrezell
    Options
    zumbacalories.com is one place you can check.
  • carrieann1967
    carrieann1967 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    www.zumbacalories.com
  • jgyank25
    Options
    You will love zumba, don't worry if you don't get all the moves down right away. Just keep moving! As for the calories, I have been looking too so if you have any luck fing out please let me know! Have fun tonight!
  • Nuttytart2012
    Nuttytart2012 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi There
    I think a 60 minute session is around 412 calories but thats if you work hard :-)
  • lvng_lf
    lvng_lf Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    i checked out the website. seems pretty neat. I'm going to go with that:) thanks again!!

I'm an outdoor walk/run kinda cardio gal. don't spend much time indoors on TM's or at the gym and I especially hate videos. this is definitly a change from the norm but I've heard so much about it that it has my friend and I looking forward to it.
  • jgyank25
    Options
    zumbacalories.com worked!!!! Thank you!!! :)
  • carrieann1967
    Options
    I've just had a heart rate monitor and I'm going to try it out at zumba on Monday, will let you know how it compares to the website.
  • sreich04
    sreich04 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Zumba is a blast and a great workout, you will love it! I use my heart rate monitor at zumba and typically burn 600 to 800 calories in a 60 minute class, just to give you a ballpark amount. Of course, there are a lot of variables involved such as the intensity of the class and how hard you push yourself.
  • carrieann1967
    Options
    I burn on average 500 to 600 calories doing a 60 min zumba class according to my hrm.

When logging my exercise on mfp I take 175 cals off the total though. I worked out that from doing nothing or just pottering about I burn 175 calories an hour anyway, I measured this with my hrm. So from then on I always take the 175 cals per hour off. If that makes sense.

MFP calc the cals you need if you do nothing all day.