Thyroid & the weight!! Really hard to lose!!

Options
HI ALL:)) Looking for friends to keep me going, I am doing really well but I feel as if I could give up at any time. I have a Thyriod that is underactive and I gained like 38 lbs I did drop some weight once I knew what was going on with me but im still not close to where I want to be, I weigh 149 I like to be 135 to 140 I workout 3 time a week at a Bootcamp and it seem to be working going on week 3 now I really cut my food intake down to like 300 to 600 cals a day. Im hungry all the time and yes I cheat and eat more here and there but NOT alot..my start out weight was 168 I have always weighed about 130 so when the thyroid came into play I lost some not much my last dr visit I weighed 161that was 3 weeks ago I am losing inches and some weight because now im at 149 yes I know its a good start but im starving myself and thats NOT good!:))Thanks

Replies

• mander1621
    Options
    I have a friend who also have low thyroid issues and she's trying to find a program that works for her....I'm sure there must be something out there!
  • kelatha
    Options
    you would think?? thyroid controlls everything!!! and its a hard one to work with:)))
  • mitchh58
    Options
    i am no expert, but from the sound of things you are not eating enough food- 800-900 calories a day is starving yourself. I can relate as one of my biggest problems is not eating enough food. Try to eat something every couple of hours even if it is yogurt, some peanut butter,almonds. You have to give your body fuel so it can burn off the fat. Good luck
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    You are never going to lose the weight by eating 300 to 600 calories a day plus doing a boot camp workout.

You need to eat at least your BMR.

It's not your thyroid that is stopping you from losing the weight.
  • kelatha
    Options
    Iam going to try to up my cal intake and see what happends Thanks:))
  • kelatha
    Options
    Back in 2000 when I did not have the Tyyroid issue I lost 24 lbs working out at kickboxing in like 2 months and I walked 4 miles a day and I watched what I was eating????
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Back in 2000 when I did not have the Tyyroid issue I lost 24 lbs working out at kickboxing in like 2 months and I walked 4 miles a day and I watched what I was eating????

That was 12 years ago. Your metabolism is now 12 years older.
  • kelatha
    Options
    This is true and much slower:(((