Beach Pics

Options
DG_Allen
DG_Allen Posts: 219 Member
Hi Everyone,

Here are a couple of quick pics. I lost about eight pounds since I started MFP.

July in Cancun at about 163

dgMFPBefore.jpg

Last week in Waikiki at about 155

dgMFPAfter.jpg

Thanks MFP and thanks to my wife for getting me started on it!

DG

Replies

• caroldot
    caroldot Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Cancun & Hawaii in 6 months time?? I'm soooo jealous! But its amazing how just a few pounds make such a difference!
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    You look great! Jealous of Cancun & Hawaii
  • xonikitashafferxo
    xonikitashafferxo Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm jealous too. You look great!!
  • spiralstitch
    spiralstitch Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It must be the can of beer that makes you look heavier. :P
    Good job, honey!
  • DG_Allen
    Options
    Thanks for the compliments, except for my wife :flowerforyou: :tongue: :cry:

We are very fortunate to be able to travel and have friends with access to free and discounted places to stay :happy:
  • sunnydays33
    sunnydays33 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    You look great!! I know you've worked hard, relish in your accomplishments...you earned every one of those lost pounds!! And I LOVE the personalized coozy...it's right up my alley! Haha!

On a side note re: the travels...I am super addicted to seeing new places, meeting new people and gaining perspective. I make traveling a priority and take several trips a year, it makes me a better person. It takes hard work, sacrifice and dedication to make it my realilty-similar to weight loss IMO. For those that used the 'J' word: turn that word/feeling around and use it to fuel your own dreams and desires and draw inspiration from DG to set and accomplish your own goals.

Congrats again Dave, glad we're buddies!
  • DG_Allen
    Options
    I totally agree with you about the travel. We have learned so much by traveling and gaining other people's perspectives. Taking control and not being a "V" (victim) is a constant thing with me. It's so easy to slip into blaming others for whatever is happening with me. Overcoming my own fears and self-imposed limitations is really the main thing for me.

It's interesting when I talk with people and they say they can't do X because of Y. Most of the time the Y is something they chose to do in the first place.

I'm glad we're buddies too!

Be safe on your travels!
  • TerryTyson
    TerryTyson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My friend, you're a constant inspiration. I like the "don't be a V" observation. I am listening, pal.
  • DG_Allen
    Options
    Thanks Terry!
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Totally jealous! Love the beach... You look great!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!