Help Me Choose Dinner Tonight?

Options
I'm going out tonight for dh's birthday (with some friends) to a non-chain restaurant that doesn't have any nutritional info. Please help me choose dinner!

Here's a link to their menu. I'm thinking about the seafood but not really sure.

http://www.blackrocksteakhouse.com/p/dinner-menu.html

Replies

• beach_chelle
    Options
    If it were me because I love hot rock cooked steak I would either go ny strip and eat half tonight and half tomorrow or Monday for lunch or I would get the veggie delight. Looks like a yummy place!
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Ahi tuna on a bed of seaweed salad! Sounds like heaven
  • pamelad77
    pamelad77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking the chicken breast for a main
  • msjones2831
    msjones2831 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You could try the chicken caesar salad without the dressing. Or you could get the grilled chicken dinner with veggies, no starch (skip the potato or rice options)--ask for veggiesx2 instead
  • AEB_WV
    AEB_WV Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    That tuna appetizer sounds amazing + Shrimp cocktail is always good. both with a side salad or veg would be a great meal.
  • AleksD3
    AleksD3 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I've never been there before so it'll be interesting!
  • foster59803
    foster59803 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    If it were me, I would have shrimp cocktail (go light on the dipping :), filet steak, no potato and double the veg of the day. Not bad, you still feel like you get to eat and you are staying with in reasonable calories. Go for a 30-40 min walk and you could have 3 bites of someone's desert! :)
  • AleksD3
    AleksD3 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm eyeing the Ahi tuna or the shrimp and scallops in the "from the rock" section. Can I have a baked potato if I have it plain?

Edited to add...actually the fresh veggies would probably be yummier than the potato.
  • sae1316
    sae1316 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    This restaurant sounds really good! You could always go with chicken but since I eat so much chicken at home, I would go with the broiled fish, scallops or shrimp. Just ask them to go easy on the oil or butter. I love seared tuna so that sounds really good too. If the steaks are really good you could get a small filet. Get veggies and salad for your sides or if you are eating potatoes, just eat half of one with veggies or salad for your sides. It sounds like this place has lot's of good options. Just pick something you will really enjoy and not feel like you are missing out. Have fun :smile:
  • livinlife2012
    Options
    I would go with the Caprese salad.

followed with the Ahi Tuna and a little rice pilaf.

Choose a sorbet for dessert or just a nice cup of after dinner coffe or tea without much creamer and stay away from the artifical sweetners. A bit of regular sugar will balance your insulin and leave you less hungry later.

Enjoy!!

Enjoy your dinner and keep up the good work. We all can do it......

P:)