What's your motivation?

Options
I miss my high school days, basketball, volleyball , and soccer teams each school year. Now I'm out of breath instantly. I'd like to get my fitness back to the point I can enjoy playing sports again.
What motivates you?

Replies

• YcatsFursworth
    YcatsFursworth Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    My before photos and how much they disgust me... Want to get healthy is a big one though! I hate when I'm out with a group of friends I'm the one huffing and puffing at the hills.... Also would be really nice to be able to beat my husband when we wrestle! Right now if he gets my legs out of under me it's game over... :P
  • YcatsFursworth
    YcatsFursworth Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Bump! would like to see what people have to say to this!
  • Levity14
    Levity14 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I want to live.
    I've worked with the elderly. The people who kept active and ate properly had a much higher quality of life in their final years. The people who were sedentary and ate horribly were filled with health issues and in a lot of pain.

Also - I want to wear a bikini again.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    I miss being able to run just because I felt the desire to. I want to be fit, so I can run and enjoy it!
  • rayleansout
    Options
    To be better, stronger, faster, than I was before - LIFE and everything in it!
  • trixirn
    trixirn Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    1. I want to fit into my clothes.

2. I am a nurse. I never want to be so big when old that it takes four people to move me.

3. I want to be able to run, bike, whatever without having to stop to catch my breath.
  • jodee91
    jodee91 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    To feel good, look good, and to be healthy!
  • coquette87
    Options
    Mostly health. I've got a family history of high blood pressure (both parents), stroke (dad), cancer (at least two grandparents), diabetes (great-aunt) and digestive/pancreatic issues (mom). I know that if I want to avoid those things in my 40s-50s-60s, etc, I need to build the foundation of fitness and healthy eating now in my 20s.

And a little vanity. I want to look smoking hot in a bikini, and I won't pretend otherwise.
  • brindlechewy
    brindlechewy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    uglylegsmotivation-1.jpg

The above picture. Seeing those doughy legs and saggy bum makes me cringe. NEVER AGAIN!
  • afruitfulendeavor
    Options
    My motivation, or as I like to call it, my personal "BIG WHYS":

- To live as an inspiration to others, since there will always be those who say and misinterpret, "You only live once!"
    - To have one of those health freak families that only shop for organics and at farmer's markets
    - To have a body that processes at 100% healthy
    - To run on the beach with my husband and grandkids in my 90's

Every time it gets hard in the gym or at home in my kitchen, I look to these to understand, not only why, but also how I can get through this.

"It's not about the will to win, it's about the preparation to win."
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    My motivation was turning 40 and seeing a picture of my rear view in shorts. Made me wanna cry...:cry:
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I am healthy, so my main motivation:

To look DAMN sexy
  • Ninatoots
    Ninatoots Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    What motivates me: This could mean different things like who inspires me or encourages me. My friends and family for one do this. I want to live while I'm here, get rid of 9 medications, plus OTC stuff, fit into clothes that I don't pay more for, and look good for my age of 67. This web sites motivates me also.