I need support..can't do this alone.

Options
I have gotten off track and don't know why I keep sabotaging my weight loss. I really could use someone to talk to when I get to that point in the evening when Im going to blow my whole day by eating a pint of ice cream cause I didn't gain any weight today. That's how my mind works. I would appreciate any support I could get. Thanks.:bigsmile:

Replies

• pamelad77
    pamelad77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, plenty of people here to support you. Add me if you want, I'm on everyday, always up for a chat lol
  • Taitiant
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hang in there.. mind over matter..!! here for support if u need.. Just stick with it U CAN DO IT. :bigsmile:

*T*
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me...we can all use more friends!
  • LavaDoll
    LavaDoll Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    ive self sabotaged.
  • jrrflr
    jrrflr Posts: 109
    Options
    I'm guilty of this myself from time to time. I love ice cream! Add me if you'd like.
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    We all do it. Don't beat yourself up! !!! Add me if you like.
  • xTenaciousJx
    Options
    you can add me if you like =D we all need support!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    It's okay to have the ice cream as a "treat", but don't eat the entire container! Measure out a serving size, put the ice cream away, and only eat what is in the bowl. Treats are fine. The key is learning to consume them in moderation.
  • Jamiegirl2009
    Jamiegirl2009 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    YOU are beautiful and you can do this. Just keep being active. Find new and fun exercises too that can help. YOU CAN DO IT.
  • KellieLouise84
    Options
    i'm the same... i weigh in boots, and have to drag myself past greggs! If i haven't lost weight i want a cake to cheer myself up, and if i have lost weight i want a cake to reward myself!! keep going!! you'll get there!
  • HBBrown78
    HBBrown78 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I think we all get this mind set sometimes- Ive had a hard time late at night lately. Try to reward yourself with something noneatable. Like if you get from sat to fri without the extra icecream u can get yourself a new bag or lipstick or earrings....etc.... u get it! ;)
  • slim422
    slim422 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    It happens to us all at some point so don't be to hard on yourself.

I'm having one of those days myself - can't exercise for the past 2 days so no calories to eat back and I'm feeling a bit deprived. Let's see, in the last couple of hours I've wanted french fries, a burger would be nice, a bag of chips, a latte and ice cream. I opted for a square of dark chocolate, 3 almonds and a tablespoon of peanut butter. Now I just have to get through the rest of today.....it's only after 3 where I live so it's going to be a long day....

And I completely agree with chevy88girl - we must learn how to incorporate 'treats' if we're going for the lifestyle change otherwise it's just a diet and we all know how those end.

Hope you have a good day.
  • gregavila
    gregavila Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm happy to help/listen when ever. One of the hardest parts of all of this is overcoming our own self doubts and starting to believe that we can be successful.
  • Inacay
    Inacay Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    It's all about LOVING YOURSELF FIRST! Sounds like a load of crap... I know. But this is the deal, look in the mirror and accept and love EVERYTHING. Love your belly, love your arms, love your marks, but most of all LOVE you, just the way you are! NO JUDGEMENT. When you can take 100% responsibility and acceptance for what you see in the mirror, that's the first part of the battle! It's a whole lot easier to help yourself be healthy, when you love yourself. Do it because you matter! Then start having fun. What is it that motivates you? Maybe it's working out with friends, maybe it's working out alone. If you can put a PURPOSE behind your healthy journey to a better you, you will find ways to do it. Then, LIVE your life in a way that will get you there. For me, I eat when I'm stressed. So I MEDITATE, at least four times a week. Also, I am a bit of a SPIRITUAL BRAINIAC, so it has to make sense to me. I am constantly educating myself on food and where it comes from and why we eat it. When you go to the store and read labels, I've learned that if it doesn't have a label, it doesn't have chemicals and preservatives, so it's better for you. Not just brocolli either. Daikon, Dragon Fruit, Raddishes, Leeks, Parsnips, Kale... A whole lot of interesting different foods are exciting and fun to eat. Also, I used to hate salads, but I love to cook. So I have found ways and tried things to increase my RAW FOOD intake (not just veggies, but nutrition and fiber). Today I had a guacamole raddish salad and it was soooo good! Think about other things in your life that you have been successful at. How did you get there? That's how your journey starts. Truly know who you are and what works for you! You will need TOOLS in your life to help you. I find SMART Goals ideal for reaching weight loss goals. I you do it, do it SMART! http://www.dietriffic.com/2007/03/28/getting-smart-with-goal-setting/
  • HBBrown78
    HBBrown78 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    It's okay to have the ice cream as a "treat", but don't eat the entire container! Measure out a serving size, put the ice cream away, and only eat what is in the bowl. Treats are fine. The key is learning to consume them in moderation.
    I also have a low cal recipe I got off of here u might like. Its ,2 8 oz packs of fat free cream cheese,a cup of no cal splenda, a quarter of a container of sugar free cool whip and 2 tbl spns of dark cocoa powder. Blend in bowl mixer and place in mini muffin pan or ice cube treys and freeze. They r very good and low in calories. I put them in my mini muffin pan. I make about 20 little ones and 3 of them are less then 100 calories and they r so rich they calm my cravings.