Quick Breakfast Ideas

Options
I eat oatmeal every morning, but I'd like to start diversifiying my breakfast a little bit. I need something easy to prepare and please no eggs or cereal. I have to go many hours before I eat again and eggs and cereal just don't fill me up. What are your favorites?

Replies

• slowjen
    slowjen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    protein bar or protein shake
  • LolaVersion2
    LolaVersion2 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Greek yogurt! It has around 20g protein. If you mix that with fruit and granola/peanut butter, you will be full for hours.
  • Mongoose7
    Options
    I enjoy hot milk weetabix with sliced banana on top. It fills me.
  • LaurenMichelle004
    LaurenMichelle004 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    One of the things I've been doing lately, besides my Egg Beaters and Laughing Cow cheese, is mixing cottage cheese with apple butter. So tasty - the apple butter hides the cottage cheese'yness that a lot of people don't like. If you can, here is a great recipe for the apple butter instead of buying: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/11/slow-cooked-apple-butter.html.

Also, vanilla greek yogurt and honey together is another tasty breakfast.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I like to put peanut butter in my protein shake also. goes a long way in the morning and killer protein
  • abowen11298
    abowen11298 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like a toasted english muffin with a slice of cheese and a slice of bacon. Fills me up for the morning.
  • RumOne
    RumOne Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with natural peanut butter and sugar-free dark chocolate syrup.
  • yes_i_can
    Options
    I usually mix fresh fruit (bananas, peaches, or berries normally), a small handful of toasted oats, and sometimes some honey (depending on the fruit) into plain, non-fat yogurt. Filling and healthy :)
  • nikkirose723
    nikkirose723 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I make a nice smoothie...with fruit, almond milk, flaxseed.

You can just shake it up with the oatmeal a bit...maybe try steel cut oats or add different fruit...one day add some sliced apple with cinnamon and another day add banana with a bit of natural peanut butter, etc. That's what I do when I get in a rut.
  • BeckaT79
    BeckaT79 Posts: 216
    Options
    I know you said no eggs but my favorite (and it will keep you satisfied for a while) is:
    An Omelet:
    1 egg whole
    1 egg white
    Spinach
    Mushrooms
    Garlic
    Feta cheese
    Put the omelet on a half of a whole wheat bagel and top with a tablespoon of salsa.
    Good luck :-)
    It is about 250 calories give or take but a very filling breakfast.
  • kabloozi
    kabloozi Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat pita with LaVache Quiri or a feta cheese sandwich. Add tomatoes and spinach or toasted...yummy.
    Fibre one cereals are great. Eggs do it for me... I know you said no cereal or eggs, but hey're my fave. Excuse me, gotta go eat breakfast now!
  • KayLaul
    Options
    I have oatcakes topped with peanut or almond butter that I prepare the night before so I can just grab them and go in the morning. Keeps me going from 7 till 12.30! (er, plus all the coffee....)
  • mfp_1
    mfp_1 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Toast with squished banana is nice. Try it with marmite too. Try it without butter, especially if you're hungover...
  • jademh
    jademh Posts: 94
    Options
    I have a whey protein shake from GNC every morning. Chocolate flavored, since I'm a female I use one scoop and mix it with skim milk. That is about 93 calories for the shake and another 90 for milk. Breakfast should be a little bigger though, so I'll always add more, some variations include oatmeal, banana, peanut butter toast,etc. I guarantee if you eat protein (like a protein shake, ITS GOOOD) you will feel full muchhh longer (: Otherwise eggs are high in protein as well. Feel free to add me btw (:
  • Schwarzeaugen
    Schwarzeaugen Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Jimmy Dean makes an excellent breakfast sandwich with around 210 calories. I like the one with Canadian bacon the best. You just microwave 'em for like 50 seconds. Also, toast with avocado spread on top is awesome!
  • CSimi
    CSimi Posts: 3
    Options
    Keep some cooked beets in your fridge. In the morning toss a few of the cubes into a blender with frozen raspberries, some yogurt and cranberry juice. Blend it up and away you go. Nutritious and fast. The other option is granola (highwood sunflower flax is delicious).
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    have you heard of Belvita breakfast biscuits? They are reallly quick! come in a box but have separate packets! you get 4 biscuits per packet, really tasty, and filling! something you can grab out the cupboard, and eat on the way to work or whatever :)
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    make a pancake with your oats! I mix 40-50grams of oats with 1 egg and 3 egg whites, 1/4 a chopped apple, leave it in the fridge overnight then cook in 1 teaspoon of coconut oil. I usually add a teaspoon of chocolate protein powder for more flavour. It is my favourite thing to eat!
  • inchestopinch
    inchestopinch Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    ~* Bump *~ These are great idea's that I'm going to come back to after work & keep reading & remember!!
  • pcteck2
    pcteck2 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    This is my current favorite: It makes enough for 6 breakfasts. I got this recipe from mfp.com.

Apple Pie Breakfast (Serves 6)
    Ingredients:
    1 cup steel cut oats* (must be steel cut, regular oats are far too mushy)
    3 diced apples (I like gala the best for this recipe, but any kind will work)
    1 cup of apple juice (I usually use Oasis)
    3 cups of water
    Nutmeg & Cinnamon to taste
    Directions:
    Combine all of the ingredients in your crock pot and cook (low 4-6 hours or high 2-4 hours) stirring every hour or so until it reaches the consistency you like.
    Top cinnamon & nutmeg and with your choice of a drizzle of maple syrup or honey, a sprinkle of brown sugar, or plain!
    *You can find steel cut oats in most grocery or health food stores (sometimes they are called Irish Oats).