This app is boring without friends!

Options
Hi,

I'd love some friends on here to help with motivation. Here is a little about me:

I'm 30, married, have 3 kids (12, 17 months, and 8 weeks old). Yes, I had two kids in two years. I gained 70 pounds with my 17 month old and I was in shape before I got pregnant with him but all of those "you're eating for two" and "don't worry about gaining weight while pregnant" comments backfired for me. I wish people didn't say things like that. So I was just getting back into working out and found out I was pregnant again!

This time around I actually managed to exercise until week 33 of my pregnancy and ate as healthy as possible, only gaining about 20 pounds. That all came off within 2 weeks of having my daughter who is the 8 week old, and now I'm working on the rest. I've lost about 16 pounds so far and I have about 35-40 more pounds to lose. I used to be a runner and I lifted weights, did Pilates, you name it and I did it. I was also very into nutrition.

In 2006 I was in a major car accident and crushed my pelvis/burst fractured my spine. I was in a wheelchair for 3 months, yada yada -- have had pelvic surgery then surgery on my spine 3 years later in 2009. I am now ready to get back into the game again! I have been using an app on my iPhone called "Ease Into 5k" 3 times per week and I feel very excited because I am running like I used to (kind of). I'm also using my Kinect and playing Dance Central, Zumba, and a boxing game. Oh and I attend an in-person Zumba class nearly every Saturday. I just strap my Polar watch on to make sure my heart rate is in the fat burning zone when I do these things.

Okay, this intro got long. I could really use some MFP friends to help keep me motivated and I will do the same for you. It's nice to meet you all!

- Tori

Replies

• lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    This place is boring without friends! Sending a request your way aSAP!
  • scrappy40
    Options
    I completely agree about the boring thing! You're doing awesome on your own and I need someone to "run" with!! I just got the Zumba Dvds and as soon as my Orthopedic surgeon and physical therapist clear me to let.loose, I'm excited to begin! I also have Zimbabwe for kinectic and UFC trainer for kinectic. Again just waiting for "all clear." Today I swam and cycled and have all of my therapy exercises to do. Tomorrow will be seated zumba, I think. And maybe some weight training.
    my challenge is food - yesterday's intake is far more my habit than today's and that's where I need accountability.
    I hope we can be friends and motivate each other. I already am impressed with your progress with children!
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Well, it works better with a support group!
  • ellenrose25
    Options
    I agree!! friend me too!
  • pamelad77
    pamelad77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Request sent :)
  • InvidiaXII
    InvidiaXII Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I agree, I like seeing what other people do for workouts and meals! Gives me ideas :)
  • toritater
    toritater Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Scrappy,

What is Zimbabwe? I'll have to look into that. My husband is getting me the new Kinect Zumba Rush for Valentine's Day (yes, I told him what I want haha). It comes out tomorrow actually. Have you heard of it? I use Dance Central 2 the most right now. I wish my husband would run with me more often but I'm having a really hard time motivating him -- plus he just picked something up at school and now he doesn't want to do anything until he feels better.

Good for you -- doing all of those exercises at a modified rate. I don't know if I'd be strong enough for that. I always push myself so hard when I start to exercise. This time I'm really trying to be smart about it by resting between run days and eating whole foods/taking supplements for knee pain (Ibuprofen every 6 hours for chronic pain) -- things like that. I used to be really bad to my body and would run even when I was hurting very badly, or I'd work out without the PT's permission (doing way too much) after I got out of my wheelchair.

Thanks for your reply. It was very encouraging!
  • Linalaila
    Options
    Hei

True, I have been using MFP for about 20 days now. But havent used the message boards, feel free to add me if you like :)

Laila
  • sassika
    sassika Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm a mum of two ( 14 and 15) and have lost over two stone. I started to use a running app beginning of this week and it's going good considered I am not very sporty but plan to change that now.

If you like add me for support :)