couples losing weight together!!!

Options
Hi guys just wondered how many couples were on mfp and there combined loss me and the o/h have been on for 118 days me and he's been on 104 days and together a combi loss ov 79lbs together!!

Replies

• cooter2533
    Options
    Me and my wife have been doing it about 125ish days. We have lost 78ish give or take ;)
  • beckamelia1
    Options
    Woohoo awesome losses hun:-)
  • Guitarjon
    Guitarjon Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Me and my other half are on here and both counting our calories religiously. I don't feel so awkward now she on bored as it can take a while weighing/ measuring and adding food to the data base.
  • suztheq
    suztheq Posts: 171
    Options
    My boyfriend and I have been on MFP for 40ish days and we've lost 17 pounds combined. Congrats on your success! :drinker:
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Great job all of you. I think it is so much easier when DH and I follow the same plan, but this time around I can't get him motivated. About 6 yrs ago we did South Beach together and lost a combined total of 90 lbs.
  • beckamelia1
    Options
    Awesome guys continue your great losses together :-)
  • girlholiday
    Options
    My boyfriend is easing into it! He isn't on here, but I am making his meals with mine, and packing his lunch. He wants to eat better/lose weight but he also works and helps a theater company so he's slacking a bit. After the play closes, he's going to get more on board. I'm excited.
  • jasonga
    Options
    Does it count if I'm on here for both of us? :)

My wife doesn't want to worry about the calorie counting aspect, but I created a second account so I could track how many calories she is having. I do the cooking (and have a detail-obsessed personality :) ), so it's easier that way anyway.
  • Machdude
    Machdude Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    My wife started this a little over a month ago and after she showed me the website. I thought it was pretty cool so I joined. She had been fighting her weight for a while, She's not obese but about 30 to 40 pounds overweight. I am in a similar situation, used to be the "skinny kid" in high school, but have managed to put on 50 or so pounds over the years. To date I believe she has lost a little over 5 pounds which is right on her one pound per week goal. I started last week and have lost 5 pounds already, but I expect that rate will slow down after the first couple of weeks. Mu issue is I am just not active having a desk job and I never exercise.

I originally joined to support her but am actually enjoying using the sight, I knew I needed to lose weight and get in better shape and this sight makes it pretty easy to track things. I was amazed at how high in calories many things I was eating were. We are both focused on changed our lifestyle to be more conscious of what we eat. It has also brought us closer than we already were in that we both participate in meal planing and working out.

Her goal is to lose about 20 pounds then re-evaluate. I hope to lose about 25 and re-evaluate as well. The charts show I need to lose about 45-50 to be considered "healthy", but it's been a long time since I've been that thin.
  • haaaleyx
    haaaleyx Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I wish my boyfriend would do it with me but he's too lazy and doesn't think he needs to. He's not obese or anything, but he could definitely use some toning up. But he promised me for my birthday which is in April he'll stop smoking and he's down to one a day now, so hopefully once he stops he'll start going to the gym with me, haha.
  • wilberfamily
    wilberfamily Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are doing MFP together. He tracks all his own food but he doesn't do the message boards or have friends on here. Together we have lost about 22 pounds since January 1st. We have a little competition going :) I like that he is doing it with me and we both needed it. I lost 101 pounds 13 years ago after our twins were born and kept it off until I had a bunch of surgeries to remove cancer. Last time I lost weight I was very restrictive on fats. This time we are doing low fat but I'm learning how to work foods I wouldn't have allowed myself before. I am so much more satisfied doing this and we can both do it long term :smile:
  • MalDunc2012
    MalDunc2012 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    My husband and I started in January and are doing this together. We're about 30 pounds down, and loving it! We've really enjoyed finding healthy recipes to try, and our relationship feels much better when we're on the racquetball court or hitting the pavement versus sitting in front of the television. My brother and his girlfriend recently signed up--three cheers for health, and keepin' it in the family ;) We're always looking for couple friends, so feel free to add us!
  • eschwab855
    eschwab855 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Wife and I she is down 18 I am at 34 for a total of 52 lol she just started logging her food a few days ago before that she had lost like 16 with just eating how I was
  • hk2008
    hk2008 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My Hubby started in January and I started mid February. Together we've lost about 25 lbs. We are both noticing a huge difference in how we feel. I also love all the support and encouragement from the MFP community.
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone! Glad to see more couples it sure makes it easier doing it together. My wife (Hootsmamma) and I have been on almost a year and have lost 127lbs between us. We are only at half our goal, but we have changed our lifestyle and know this will be a life long journey thats totally doable. Good luck all! :bigsmile:
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I started losing about 10 months ago and my husband started losing about a month ago. He keeps a general calorie count but he isn't on here though--and probably won't join b/c he's not really a message board person. He's lost 10lbs and I've lost 40. I run and he is starting to talk about trying to run--whereas he used to say he absolutely could no/would not start running. I also do P90X and he's been doing the Plyometrics and Ab Ripper dvds from P90X. He's been eating MUCH better (probably better than me now) and he's trying to cut back on his beer consumption (that's probably the toughest thing for him).
  • fj211
    fj211 Posts: 95
    Options
    My husband lost about eighty pounds here last year. He's not currently using the site but I started , and I am at 38 down as of this morning. We are strength training together and he does a large amount of biking that I hope to do this summer as well.
  • sherrybaby81
    sherrybaby81 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    My husband and I both count calories, but he uses Loseit! on his phone. He started using that about 2 years ago and he likes to keep track of everything. He doesn't want to lose his back data lol (he is a numbers guy).
  • Antigone
    Antigone Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    My husband uses SparkPeople. I KNOW, RIGHT!? I've been trying to convince him to make the switch but no luck so far! He went from about 250 to 175 over a year or so and I've just restarted my journey and am down about 30 pounds from my start weight. About to hit ONEderland again! ;)

It's been SO GREAT working out together every night though. So much fun and we are super competative so we try and outdo eachother and push eachother to dig deeper. Last night he had to give is back a rest so I worked out alone and it was not nearly as fun.
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    My wife and I started in jan of 2011, we are down over 300 lbs combined, me 190 and her 120 something, she's pregnant so she's been gaining a little, that's why I say something.