-153 lbs in 73 weeks gone forever !!! Yeah Baby !!! No surge

Options
Sept 2010 I was trying to play with my grandkids and I could only hang with them for a few minutes. It was a sad day, but yet a real eye opener !! I let myself get to such an unhealthy state, really unhealthy 405.2 lbs !!!! I got sick and tired of being sick and tired and decided right then that it was time to take my life back !!!! I changed two things 1. Excercise 2. Nutrition

The first thing I did was renewed my gym membership and started my new healthy lifestyle with Determination, Motivation, and Great support from my wife. I could not do much at first, only walk in the pool. But i did it and eventually got stronger and worked my way to swimming laps. Then the big move to weight training. Ignoring all the looks and glances from the gym rats, I did what i had to do !! Then I added cardio to my workout routine. I have to say getting on the Elliptical and doing five minutes was tough at first. But again I did it !!! Long story short, today I'm still at it and have come a long way. The neat thing is the same people that gave me those looks now come up to me and congratulate me for sticking to it !!

The second thing I changed was my nutrition. I started by cutting out the fast food, sodas, and all basic junk foods. After doing lots of web searching and reading everything I could about nutrition I began to eat the healthier foods that we all no we should be eating. I began to feel better and started to see the results !! Today I feel great and my weight is a much healthier 252.2 lbs !!! I thank God, my wife, and all the friends who have supported me in the journey !!

The reason I shared with you is I really enjoy paying it forward and encouraging others to accomplish the goals we are striving for !!! I understand how tough it is to get started and to keep it going. But I can say without a doubt it is worth every bit of blood, sweat, and yes tears !!!! Now get after it and No Excuses !!! Last thing, I'm new here so I'm looking for some friends :-)

Replies

• Kris10can
    Options
    Congratulations!!! What an amazing loss and HUGE accomplishment!! I am so glad that you had the support from your family to help you throughout the highs and lows of this process!! Sounds like you have definitely added life to your years and years to your life!! Such success and very inspiring!
  • trigrrl
    trigrrl Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    you have changed your life and no doubt improved the lives of everyone in your family
    congrats on everything you've done!
  • Edward220
    Options
    Sounds like you have definitely added life to your years and years to your life!! Such success and very inspiring!

Thank you and i love this quote. It is so true !!
  • loraloha74
    Options
    This is such a beautiful story! Your enthusiasm is contagious! You are awesome!!!!
  • littlemegzz
    littlemegzz Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. You definately deserve congratulations. Well done. Love to see some before and after pics if you have them.
  • Edward220
    Options
    That is awesome. You definately deserve congratulations. Well done. Love to see some before and after pics if you have them.

Thanks, If you check out my profile you can see some photos !! Things changed a little :-)
  • CDresp
    CDresp Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Woo-hoo!!! :drinker:
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Good for you. What a great accomplishment.
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    You, Sir, are the biggest loser!! Very inspiring.

Enjoy those grandchildren. I just got one and couldn't be more proud.
  • dmouse0225
    Options
    That is wonderful!!! Very inspiring!!! Congrats and thank you for sharing!
  • tyroneadams
    Options
    Way to thank God Sir! Keep up the good work!! You have encouraged ME!
  • nmzeta
    nmzeta Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Way to stick through it and do what is right for you!

I just checked out your pics. Amazing!!!
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    Awesome job! You should be able to have lots of fun with your grandchildren now!
  • Machdude
    Machdude Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job. Keep at it - your grandson will appreciate it, especially as he gets older.
  • mellynat
    mellynat Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    wow good for you]! ! congratulations! ! !
  • bulldogmama2
    Options
    Fantastic!!!! Congratulations!
  • Edward220
    Options
    Amazing, Thank you so much everyone. Your comments are greatly appreciated !! I'm so thankful my friend recommended MFP to me a few days ago. You see, I hit a major plateau about a month ago and became very frustrated. I was doing the work. but just not seeing the scale go down :-( Only after a few days tracking my calories, it became clear I was not eating enough calories !! So I needed to eat more. Trust me this is a very scary thought !! Friday was my first weigh in since I started to eat more and when I saw a -4.2 lbs loss I was thrilled !!! Nutrition is my weakness, so the calorie counter will be an awesome tool for me to use as you already know !! Again thanks everyone !!!

Ed
  • Edward220
    Options
    Bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!