Carb-a-holic

Options
xYumzx
xYumzx Posts: 953 Member
I don't know how to start this... or what im really asking but I do know that, lets call it "My downfall" is carbs. I feen for them and I want to try and cut them out but I dont know what to do. I know im not eating right, ive been thinking of talking to someone but I thought let me give the board here a try 1st. Anyone out there that has had this problem or that can help me? Please

Replies

• Cupcake1015
    Cupcake1015 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    what kinds of carbs are stressing you out? personally, I love carbs too. bread, pasta, pizza, anything carby is wonderful in my opinion. I'm not an expert by any means, but I have heard it's not good to completely cut carbs from your diet. I think as long as you are staying within your calorie range and not eating a lot more than what MFP recommends your carb intake should be, you're doing fine!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    I am a total carb-aholic too. I've had to give many of them up in order to lose weight. I've given up all white carbs. White bread, potatoes, rice, etc. Whole grains, fruits and vegetables are my sources of carbs now. It has worked really, really well. The key to kicking the carb habit is to have lots of extra lean protein. And eat lots of protein early in the day to keeps those carb cravings to a minimum.

A lot of people will tell you cutting carbs is not good. Others will say it's the best thing for you. I say find what works for you.
  • bodyjammin85
    bodyjammin85 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't cut carbs completely but you can change some of the ones you do have. Change everything to the brown alternative - wholewheat pasta, brown bread, brown rice etc. Change potatoes for sweet potatoes. They fill you up better for longer. On MFP settings change your % settings to 40% carbs 40% protein and 20% fat, or 40/30/30. This will help you monitor your intake and balance your diet.

If you are eating lots of sugars, you may want to try to cut them out as they lead to wanting more sugar and causes overeating. Change sugar and syrups for honey, spreads for peanut butter, only use good dark chocolate with at least 70% cocoa. these things will really help beat those carby cravings.

If you really want to lose weight, especially around the tummy area, you have to get your nutrition right or you will be busting your *kitten* working out like a demon for nothing. Believe me, i've been there! I'm just 'getting it' and it's working great for me. I've ditched all of the rubbish i was having before and increased veg and fruit intake and i feel so much better for it and the results will show!