Question for women doing (or who have done) P90X

Options
Just a question for those women who have done or are currently doing P90X. What weights did you use? Just want an idea. I'm using as low as 10 lbs (for things like Shoulder Flys) and as high as 20 lbs (for things like squats and lunges). I'm just wondering if these are too light in comparison to what others are using. Can I build muscle with these or do I need heavier weights?

I only started wondering yesterday when a thread on here was highlighting the weights some ladies were pushing in the gym...in the 100s! Made me feel like a wimp :embarassed: :sad:

Replies

• AlissaAngelo
    AlissaAngelo Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I did three rounds of P90X last year. The weight ranges you are using sound right around where I was at with my weights. As long as you are feeling the burn during the last 3 reps, you are good to go!

Alissa
    http://www.alissaangelo.com
  • bodyjammin85
    bodyjammin85 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I agree, as long as you feel the burn in the last 3 reps then you're fine. Remember to stick to 12-15 reps for lean definition instead of size which is 8-10 reps. If you can do 15 reps and could go more then up the weight. If you can't make it to 12 then lower the weight.

Listen to Tony - Don't let your ego get in the way! Normally it's only guys who suffer from that!
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I know and understand about the last 3 reps being the toughest. I just wanted to have an idea what others were pushing. Because I thought I was lifting really heavy, but have now realized that I have a long way to go. But thanks anyway!
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    Hey there, I did three rounds of P90X last year. The weight ranges you are using sound right around where I was at with my weights. As long as you are feeling the burn during the last 3 reps, you are good to go!

Alissa
    http://www.alissaangelo.com

Do you mind me asking what your results were like?
  • tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I use 8 lb weights for the tricep moves and tens for all the rest....so far. The last time I did P90X I was up to 15 lb on the tricep moves and twenty for all the rest. Hope that helps :)
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    I use 8 lb weights for the tricep moves and tens for all the rest....so far. The last time I did P90X I was up to 15 lb on the tricep moves and twenty for all the rest. Hope that helps :)

Wow! 15 on triceps? I can't imagine...my triceps are definitely my weakest areas, along with my shoulders.
  • tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Soon you'll surprise yourself. Just don't push it too hard, I've had a few P90X injuries that put me down for months lol.