GEORGE FORE,AM GRILL. I DID IT

Options
jerber160
jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
BOUGHT ONE FOR $40... NOW I NEED RECIPES.... CAN i BLACKEN TUNA ON IT? ALL IDEAS WELCOME..THAT SHOULD READ 'FOREMAN' BY THE WAY.

Replies

• jerber160
    Options
    BOUGHT ONE FOR $40... NOW I NEED RECIPES.... CAN i BLACKEN TUNA ON IT? ALL IDEAS WELCOME..THAT SHOULD READ 'FOREMAN' BY THE WAY]
    [[ and my first meal wasn't quite a bust but what was I thinking? knowing full well I don't like ground turkey but since I couldn't find any at the store I opted for ground chicken so i mixed 1lb chicken with 1/2lb 90%lean beef, and bunch of seasonings and slapped em on george. texture very strange... taste, fine with mustard on it. but i don't think i'll be doing the ground poultry for long... help!]
  • tenessaa
    tenessaa Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I hate ground poultry! I just opt for the 96% ground beef. The brand in my stores is Laura's Lean. Has about the same stats as ground turkey
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    You can find tons of recipes online, using the grill. Google it.
  • janjan369
    janjan369 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I like to grill veggies on my Foreman. Also, it's great to make a sandwich into a panini.
  • CrystalAHS
    Options
    One word: BISON

I make a great little bison burger by putting spinach, chopped garlic, and chopped onion in a bowl. Add the bison and mix. Shape into patties and grill. YUMMY is all I can say!
  • Kendrawinn
    Options
    My fave meal on the GF grill is chicken wings. I cut them into seperate peices and season to taste, grill on one side for 20 min and flip them cook them for another 20 min ( my grill is old, and gets hotter on the bottom). And they come out soooo crispy and yummy. Sometimes I toss them in hot wing sauce ( only like 25-30 cals) and dip them in Walden Farms bleu cheese dressing ( 0 cals). Bake you some Sweet Potato French Fries to go with.... its the best.
  • jerber160
    Options
    [now there's a thought.. bison... are they healthy? there's a specialty section of the specialty store i shop at. will take a look]
    One word: BISON

I make a great little bison burger by putting spinach, chopped garlic, and chopped onion in a bowl. Add the bison and mix. Shape into patties and grill. YUMMY is all I can say!
    [/quote]
  • jerber160
    Options
    [actually, the leftover chicken/beef burger grilled on GF are pretty good as left overs... as long as I don't think about them as 'burgers']
  • jerber160
    Options
    [ My fave meal on the GF grill is chicken wings. I cut them into seperate peices and season to taste, grill on one side for 20 min and flip them cook them for another 20 min ( my grill is old, and gets hotter on the bottom). And they come out soooo crispy and yummy. Sometimes I toss them in hot wing sauce ( only like 25-30 cals) and dip them in Walden Farms bleu cheese dressing ( 0 cals). Bake you some Sweet Potato French Fries to go with.... its the best. ]

Just did some boneless thighs and lean beef....getting ready for work tomorrow. I LOVE THIS THING