treat/ cheat days??

Options
Hey all just wondering if anyone ever has any treat or cheat days and if so what do you have? And does it effect your weightloss in a bad way? I'm very curious I had a treat day the day but I think I may have overdone it :( on a normal day I would have 1300 cals haven't a clue what I have had today though everyones input would be great xxx

Replies

• lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Some people do it with great success. Others, like me, do it and gain weight. I like to go with a cheat meal, rather than a whole day. I will add 100-200 extra calories from a nutritious source to one meal. It seems to really help.
    If you go with a whole day, you have to be careful. If you don't pay attention you can eat 3 or 4 times what you mean to! Some people just can't eat that much. But for people who have practice in eating a lot can, and will over do it easily.
    In short, you gotta find what works for you!
  • yelleroseuk
    Options
    hi. i have just had a small treat as i had lots of calories to use. . after lots of exercise today. i dont think it hurts your diet but has to be a small treat once a week
  • vacherin
    vacherin Posts: 192
    Options
    It depends on how often you have them. I know some people who have one a week, or who eat healthily during the week and then splurge all weekend, but quite honestly I don't know how they manage to lose any weight that way! I would also agree with the previous comment about making it one meal, rather than a whole day. I know that if I ate what i wanted for a whole day, I would not be able to keep it to just one day and that it would stretch to a couple of days, then a week, then a month. I personally have small treat items, like a little bit of chocolate or cheese, rather than officially making it a treat day and therefore basically giving myself an excuse to be a piggy for 24 hours!
  • Stephaniededeyan
    Stephaniededeyan Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have one cheat meal (a meal not a day) once a week usually the night or next day after my weigh in. Personally I think it helps keep me sane and on track. I look forward to it all week, I tell me myself that i have to be good all week for the cheat meal reward. It definitely shows up on the scale the next day but it's cause of the water retention of the super salty goodness, it doesn't hurt my weigh in the following week.

My trainer says it speeds up my metabolism, but I haven't read any scientific proof as to how or why.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    move on tomorrow another day.
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    I use the cheat MEAL idea also. Usually it's on the weekend and I just go to any restaurant I like and eat something that appeals to me at the time. Has always worked for me.
  • Stefanie7125
    Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I am very careful during the week and then I let loose a little on the wknd. Please keep in mind I don't go crazy, but I do enjoy a little more calories and I do log everything. (I had a coke today for the first time since perhaps NYE, I was blown away by the calories!) It does not seem to be affecting my weight loss negatively, however I am not trying to lose weight fast either. Slow and steady!