Feels like we're being gypped

Options
I just want to vent for a minute here.

There are several days when I or a friend is right on track and they meet their calorie goal exactly. In fact sometimes I actually plan for that.

I don't like it that MFP treats it like we went over, when we have actually met our calorie goal. I think that if you are right on track it should say something like __________ has completed their food diary and met their calorie goal.

Does anyone else feel this way?

Replies

• CourteneyLove
    CourteneyLove Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I feel the same!
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    I think you're putting an awful lot of emotional stock into a phrase that is generated by a computer program after you hit a button.
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Nah, I don't. I just concentrate on eating well, exercising, and living good. I don't live by the daily "completion" status on my MFP home page. I get what you're saying, tho.
  • piccolarj
    piccolarj Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I get what you're saying but no it doesn't bother me at all.
  • miss_sarcastic
    Options
    I, personally, don't pay attention to what it says. I know I'm right on/a tad under and eating well and that is what matters in the long run... not what some words on a computer screen say.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    I say congrats to completing your journal. Whether your under or over calories!
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I'm not looking for affirmation from MFP the program.... as long as I know I ate healthy and met my goal that is all that matters.And when it comes to getting Kudos I would rather it be from my friends then the program :-)
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I think you're putting an awful lot of emotional stock into a phrase that is generated by a computer program after you hit a button.

If it is that important that you get an affirmation then add one extra workout calorie to your day.
  • runfoodierun
    runfoodierun Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    ha. I kinda feel that way about the "days logged in." makes me scared to not log in at the very least. I dread ever seeing "Amy has logged in for three days." again. ahhaha.
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why it even has to say under. Why can't it just say you've finished or something or as the OP stated that you met your goal. If you're goal is 1200 of course being under that isn't going to be a good thing :)
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options

If it is that important that you get an affirmation then add one extra workout calorie to your day.

lol...this makes me curious as to what might burn exactly one calorie. :laugh:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Yep, agree. And a lot of others do too. It would be closer inline to the spirit of the application if it gave you kudos for being within 50 or 100 of goal (over or under), rather than merely being "under".
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    It doesn't bother me either. I don't look at it as a positive or negative affirmation. It's just a measuring stick so I know how much I'm consuming.
  • Vanilladays
    Vanilladays Posts: 155 Member
    Options

lol...this makes me curious as to what might burn exactly one calorie. :laugh:

:flowerforyou: It doesn't bother me....but I understand it could be a little frustrating......

Clever suggestion to add a calorie burnt! Easy way to combat a 'thoughtless' computer generated quirk.

And maybe a big smile might burn away that extra calorie! :smile: :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • junyr
    junyr Posts: 416 Member
    Options

Shazam!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    This is not one I'd lose much sleep over....
  • shalinimunjal
    shalinimunjal Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    See, I'm a software developer and whenever I see the message I think to myself - it would be good to have a range of + or - 5% to get a congratulatory message and flashing lights ;) That's what I would have done haha Anyways, it's just a message programmed into the software. It sure amuses me though when it predicts how much I will weigh in 5 weeks. I'll show it. Ha
  • InkedInnocence
    InkedInnocence Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I agree. It doesn't really bother me, but it gives me an almost guilt trip for a couple seconds. lol
  • joyous504
    Options
    I don't ever pay attention to the fine print. I really look at the weight it tells me I will be if I continue eating as I did that day, and even that changes so much from day to day I don't put a lot of stock in it. As long as I'm losing weight (even if it's just 10ths of a pound) and not gaining any, I keep positive thoughts on this long journey.
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I've stopped bothering completing my diary most days. Some days I will actually go over and some days I will go under, etc. I look for overall caloric deficit and progress rather than stressing over daily calorie goals.