54.4 lbs lost!

Options
ptdr
ptdr Posts: 25 Member
I lost another 2.0 lbs.....a total of 54.4 lbs since July 2008. I am down from a size 22/24W to a size 16/18 (and not a 16 or 18W!!). I bought a couple of new tops and they are size Large instead of xxxl!!

The other day, I had a black pair of jogging pants and a new tshirt on. Both size xl instead of xxl. And my daughter looked at me (she's 19 - home from college) and said "you look really good Mom." Can't tell you how good that made me feel! :bigsmile:

I feel great but I look at myself in the mirror and see the weight that needs to come off still...instead of focusing on accomplishing the lost that I succeeded. Ugh. :frown:

Does anyone else feel that way? Where you've lost a lot of weight but you still focus on your imperfections instead of your successes. . .

Replies

• TaraDenise
    TaraDenise Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    You're doing a fabulous job! Keep up the great work. I've lost 25lbs so far and I too, look in the mirror and see what's left to lose rather than celebrating what I've accomplished so far. I think it's normal, as long as you don't obsess over it. When I catch myself thinking negative thoughts, I start to speak positive thoughts out loud to drown out the negatives.
  • Jessimicab
    Jessimicab Posts: 21
    Options
    wow good for you that's AMAZING work!! in less than a year!! i bet you feel like a million dollars by now!!it's always the best feeling to be buying clothes smaller than you normally would!!

now I just have to get off this plateau im having and meet you up there at 50+
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. Congratulations.

I understand how you feel. I do that sometimes too. But then I focus on my next goal and know that I am not done yet and I am not giving up because I am not there.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Yes, there are days when I just feel FAT. And I think, if I feel this bad about myself right now, I must have looked really bad 40 pounds ago, lol.

But you have been here less time than I have (I joined april 2008) and you've lost more than me. So great job, just stick with it and each day you'll love how you look more and more.
  • PinkShoes
    PinkShoes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    First of all...that's awesome!!! You've lost 54.4 pounds!!! Keep up the good work! :happy:
    I do know what you mean though about still seeing what you think you need to fix instead of the accomplishments you've already made. I've lost 38 pounds but still have a belly...and even though I look in the mirror and notice that I look thinner...and even though I am stronger and have more endourance, I still hate that belly and wonder when it's going to go away!

BUT, just keep reminding youself of all you've accomplished! You're 54.4 pounds lighter! It is no easy task to lose that much weight! You've worked hard! :happy:

133914.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • Kanderson47
    Kanderson47 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I think you're doing awesome.......I am so so proud of you..you just don't know.......:smooched:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    that's awesome you're doing great!!

I can tell you, I'm currently at my goal weight, a very healthy weight, and I STILL look in the mirror and pick at places I need to lose from. I don't know if anyone is ever really happy with how they look. I am trying to just accept that I have curves and lumps like every woman does! Focus on the positive!
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    That is sooooooooooooooo good!

Keep up the good work.

We will probably always still see the imperfections, that's just human nature I think, and especially if you have been overweight a long time, those feelings don't go away over night. Keep up the good work and know how much healthier you are!!!

Memaw
  • likes2bwet
    likes2bwet Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I am going thru the "fat moment" again now too. I hit a goal, then another and another. Started in October 2008 and the last 2 months I have just been maintaining. Well, now I have decided another 15 pounds need to go. Then I can finish firming up and look into the Fitness Competition beginnig of next year. The thought of putting on that piece of dental floss in front of a bunch of strangeres... :sad: I look in the mirror and point out and magnify every flaw on my body that I have now.......sad and blue, but determined to move forward...just to say hey...I DID IT!! :heart:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,975 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

The thing that helped me the most was to become part of a group on MFP and stay connected with them on a daily basis. Keeping in touch with others who share this journey has kept my mind off myself (I may not be much, but sometimes, I'm all I think about :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ) and has given me a focus on others and how I can be connected to them.

I am learning about balance and being balanced includes seeing both how far I've come and how far I have to go.

You can find that balance.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I'm still looking for it. I have adjusted my goal weight downward several times since I started this journey.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Way to go, that is so awesome
  • ptdr
    ptdr Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your kind and encouraging words. :flowerforyou:

I am happy with my accomplishments and I definitely feel better than I did 54.4 lbs ago. . .

I will take one day at a time until I get to my goal weight. . . baby steps. . . . :smile:

Also, to those who have responded and have achieve all the weight loss - congratulations. Yours is no small feat either. :drinker: