Plus size workout wear recommendations?

Options
Can anyone recommend a good brand of plus size workout wear? I like capris that fit snugly to the knee and most of what I am finding is see through in the booty area when you are bending and stretching. Yikes!

Replies

• kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Old Navy has some great work out clothing and not too expensive.

Have fun shopping.
  • southernyankee716
    Options
    Bump!

Old Navy doesn't sell plus sizes in stores =( I'm curious too. I always see plus size women at the gym in black capris but I can never find any that look/fit good. There's no way I could ask them but surely someone here knows...
  • karley511
    karley511 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I bought some stuff from Kolh's, in store and online. One pair is see through but I just wear black underwear with them!
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    i LOVE the Danskin stuff at walmart. The yoga-style pants are my fave but they have capris too I think.
  • jody664
    jody664 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I was at JCPenney today and they have a nice selection of plus size workout clothes in the $5-$20 range. Nice quick-dry t-shirts for $11. I bought a few regular cotton t-shirts for $7. LOTS of yoga pants and capris too, as well as warm-up jackets. Have fun shopping!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    i LOVE the Danskin stuff at walmart. The yoga-style pants are my fave but they have capris too I think.

This! They have really great stuff and it's affordable too!
  • whitneyann0
    whitneyann0 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I ordered workout pants, sports bra, and compression tank top from Old Navy online. And yes, they do have some Plus Sizes in-store. I've also gotten some workout pants at Fred Meyer before too. :happy:
  • Kandygirl
    Kandygirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    target has some good stuff too.
  • southernyankee716
    Options
    I like the Danskin tops from Walmart, but not the pants. They're all too short and I haven't seen capris...yet. Target's pants line doesn't fit me but I did just purchase a compression jacket that I love. My Kohls has such a limited plus size selection- I was just there too. I will have to check out JCPenney. I don't know how I had forgotten about them. I swear the plus size gals at the gym all have these great looking black capri pants that all look the same. I was convinced there was some secret pants club I wasn't invited to :cry:
  • beckyannj
    beckyannj Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Surprisingly, Meijer has a pretty good plus size section when it comes to workout clothes. (if you have Meijer by you, It's a Midwest thing)
  • krunchykat
    krunchykat Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of Just My Size black capri leggings I bought at Walmart to wear under a dress. I've worn them a couple of times to work out and they're great. You can't see through them when you bend over and they don't stay damp after you sweat in them.
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Junonia!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE their workout clothes. I'm not into their regular clothes but they have this sweat/super cooling system in their workout clothes that is amazing. They're not cheap but I bought a pair of workout shorts years ago- still going strong.

They also have the only swimming capri's I've found that I like. All the exercise- none of the chafe!

http://www.junonia.com/home.htm
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I generally do Walmart for workout pants and Target for tops. I have found that my shape makes me shop different places. I'm a size 36G in bras so I get Enell sports bras online. There will be some trial and error bit don't give up.
  • supernurse_stacy
    Options
    Bump!

Old Navy doesn't sell plus sizes in stores =( I'm curious too. I always see plus size women at the gym in black capris but I can never find any that look/fit good. There's no way I could ask them but surely someone here knows...

What's it mean when you say "bump"??? I've seen these several times but I'm not "in the know" on this one!! :huh:
  • JoyWoodruff
    JoyWoodruff Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Bump!

What's it mean when you say "bump"??? I've seen these several times but I'm not "in the know" on this one!! :huh:
    "Bump" or any other comment just causes the topic to go to the front of the list for the community section, so people don't have to sift through a bunch of topics to get to this one.
  • southernyankee716
    Options
    Still haven't found workout capris. I'm so sick of wearing baggy sweats! :sad:
  • taeger99
    Options
    Nike actually carries some of their work out gear in up to a 3X. A little on the pricey side but they guarantee their clothing and it lasts. This is just in case you are still looking.http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/legend-2-regular-fit-poly-training-capris/pid-673766/pgid-780535