Question for the Hairstylists!

Options
MB_Positif
MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
Please excuse my improper use of hair cutting terminlogy!!! So...I got my hair cut last week and the stylist was putting in layers and I honestly do not recall if she used the razor or scissors to do this. Anyhow, I left there feeling good about my haircut. Then later in the day I felt something weird in my hair. I thought maybe I had accidentally dipped it in my soup or something! So when I went to try to pick the gunk out, it turns out there is a huge section of my hair that has all of these jagged little curled up split ends. Some go at least an inch up the length of the hair! I assume this happened when she was sort of razoring my hair with the scissors. I thought maybe they would be less noticeable when I flat iron, but they are not. I can still feel them and now all I do is sit and pick at them when I am spacing out! Then tonight I only dried my hair and they are INSANE when I don't flat iron it! Would it be petty to go back in and ask if they can correct it? My bigger concern is having to get an entire inch taken off of all of my hair if the layer can't just be blended in. Argh! Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I'm not a stylist but she should fix it for you. I have been seeing the same stylist for... 11 years. The first time she colored my hair it was too ashy - she was happy to redo it and it turned out great. I've been loyal ever since.

I once had a haircut so bad that I literally cried...I was too chicken to ask to have them fix it. It took a few months to grow out. My hair is fine and wavy - it does not take well to razoring.

Good luck!
  • MB_Positif
    Options
    Thanks for your reply! I am most afraid of making the damage worse because I keep ripping off the split ends which is just going to make the split go up even higher!
  • sexyagainbysummer
    sexyagainbysummer Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    i am a stylist of 8 yrs. GO BACK! you paid money for professional hair cut and u SHOULD get a professional haircut! was she using a razor on dry hair? no bueno! if you are not comfortable with her redoing it ask for a more experienced stylist! good luck! and i hope that it gets taken care of!
  • sexyagainbysummer
    sexyagainbysummer Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    DONT RIP OFF THE SPLIT ENDS!
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Go back! Go back! Go back!

If you do not go back then you might as well just deal with it. It's your hair and the best thing for it is to get it corrected. It happens all the time. I've gone back multiple times to have my hair fixed. It's your hair.
  • MB_Positif
    Options
    Thanks! I will try not to rip off the split ends, but they are making me crazy!!! For some reason I don't think she used a razor, but sort of angled the scissors like a razor. It only happened in one section of my hair, so I assume it's not totally horrific...if it was all over the place I would have run back in there flipping out. I will go back this week! I probably will ask if someone else can do it just to be safe!