NSV?

Options
I joined MFP just a week ago or so, but I have been struggling with my weight since I was a little girl. When I finished high school and started university, I was almost 183 pounds and I couldn't run for 10 minutes without feeling terrible. Today, in my sixth semester, I'm around 165 and I run 40 minutes everyday and I'm trainig for my first 10K in april. I know the weight loss isn't much, but knowing that I have already started keeps me going (:

Replies

• brandonrdn
    Options
    That's awesome. I wish I could run for 40 minutes. I can get about 20 and then Im worn out. Good luck with the 10k!
  • oberon0124
    oberon0124 Posts: 10,527 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic my friend!!!! To be able to run forty minutes without stopping is a great achevement!!!! Upo from just barely doing 10. That is fantastic. Just think if you keep going it will be 45 then 50 then 60 and so on!!. My friend you inspire me!!! Thanks!!
  • btzisabel
    btzisabel Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thank you, guys! It feels great! (:
  • mego07
    mego07 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    That is incredible! I have been training for my 5k and barely making it. I need to step it up because it is the 24th of next month! Way to go girl!
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Great job! 40 minutes is awesome! I so want to run. I plan on starting couch 2 5k in the upcoming month or so.
  • btzisabel
    btzisabel Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    That is incredible! I have been training for my 5k and barely making it. I need to step it up because it is the 24th of next month! Way to go girl!

I did my first 5K about a year and a half ago, because my physiology professor was all about health and weight loss and made us weight every week and forced us to run a 5K twice a year. The first time I didi it, I was ready to die within the first 500 m lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!