I have had enough!

Options
A friend at work introduced me to MFP, tried it for a day or two and was amazed how quickly my calories ran out, sometimes by lunchtime! And I was under the illusion I ate healthy! Just because I don't eat chocolate, biscuits or chips, I thought I was being good. For me the problem was in large portion sizes and that incosequential snacking (cheese, slice of bread etc). Also, love a couple of glasses of wine at the end of the day, and it all adds up!

I fell of the wagon for a couple of weeks, now back on it and in the past week lost 1 kg!

I just decided enough is enough, I want my slim and healthy body back!

I don't want diabetes, aching joints, sore back, to get puffy when I walk a short distance. I am 94kg and my target weight is 55kg (I still cant believe i let it go this far) It's like I have woken up finally!

By my birthday in mid April, I plan to be a size 16 (I am now a size 20) 2 months to drop 2 dress sizes, its doable, I jus need to stick to it and work hard!

Good luck everyone!

Hungry feels actually good!

Replies

• Linkedkube
    Options
    I felt almost the same exact way and I was opened to the light almost the same exact way as your own experience. I'm almost 6'5" and I always thought my portion sizes were large but okay for who I am, stayed away from junk. Goodluck on your journey!
  • wendalyse
    wendalyse Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Whoever said that "We are our own worst enemies" had it right! I totally get what you are saying. Enough is enough! I have journals dating back for years where I've started "dieting" and it's lasted a few days or a few weeks and then I've fallen off the wagon. I really want it now and am very motivated.
    We are doing it at exactly the right time of the year. Hopefully by summer we'll either be there or well on our way!
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Go for it!!
  • jollymack
    jollymack Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! I still enjoy a glass of wine on occasion. Just drink it slower :) And if I'd like chocolate, I eat a chocolate chip peanutty granola bar. It's 100 calories and hits the spot. Get a little digital food scale. It helps and I've been surprised at how much I can actually eat. And get a pedometer. Make a goal of 5000 steps a day Then increase it by 2000 when 5000 is easy. You'll get up to 10,000 a day soon :)

I've got a fitbit and I think it really helps me see the progress I'm making during the day. Check it out under "tools".

Good luck with your weight loss!
  • teamflatbelly
    teamflatbelly Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your weight loss :)
  • teamflatbelly
    teamflatbelly Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Can someone please tell me how to post my own message thanks :)
  • jbella99
    jbella99 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Even when you fall off you just gotta get right back up again.
  • Flyer615
    Flyer615 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. When I fell off the wagon, it ran over me ... then drug me along by my fork. :tongue: You can make a change. Like you, I found that when I started, I realized that what I thought was good, clean eating, really wasn't. This site really helped me turn things around.

Endeavor to persevere.

Ken
  • michellebd1980
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel! I have a ton of weight to lose... Over 200lbs! I sometimes wonder if it's "doable" or not and it can get discouraging. I have to take it one day at a time, I'm looking forward to reaching my goal; one day at a time! Good luck to you!
  • Sangriatic
    Options
    I hear you! I am exactly the same in that I thought that because I eat a lot of the right foods, I was okay - but that scale has been creeping upwards for too long and this site has helped me to figure out that it's my portion size, not my food choice that is my undoing.
    Our birthdays (and STG time frames) seem to fall about the same time too, best of luck - we can do it! We're all in this together. :)
  • mrssmith636
    mrssmith636 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    We're all in this together. You can do it.... Need anymore support, feel free to add me.
  • ashtonalayna
    Options
    Good for you, you have done really good so far! This site is amazing and has helped me out alot.
  • jkmorrisfam
    Options
    After 3 pregnancies, 2 children, and 40 pounds later, I'm READY to get back to a healthy weight. This site has been very helpful!:smile:
    16199843.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Fitness_4_Jess
    Fitness_4_Jess Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!! And I agree, hungry does feel good. I never thought it would ,but it does. Keep away from the munchies and get going. Woohoo!
  • YannahHayat
    YannahHayat Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, all it takes for me is to stay focused and stay strong.

Just been looking at some pick of me 15 years ago, before 2 children: (This is how I want to look again by Christmas 2012)

september1996.jpg

This is me now: :(

december302011.jpg

Gotta stay focused!!
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Yes it is amazing how little calories our bodies need to survive. 1200-1500 calories is not very much food and it adds up fast.