needing more like-minded friends

Options
Hey, I am hoping to gain some more friends for my journey that have similar goals. I have about another 30lbs to loose and I am trying very very hard to not go by the scale, eat enough (over 1200 at least), and exercise 5-6 days a week. I am wanting to be healthy, but I am struggling with my old mindset regarding the number on the scale and I think I need to just throw that thing out!

I am down 8 lbs, but things are getting much rougher now because the results are much slower than my old ways of the unhealthy quick fixes. Heading to my 40's, having kids, etc. makes this all the more hard to lose.

I incorporated a spike day on Saturdays starting a couple weekends ago and I have had to delete a couple people who want to give ongoing unsolicted input about this choice, as I want my metabolism to stay high and this suits my lifestyle. I am trying to eat over 100 gms of protein a day, which feels almost impossible most days.

I am in this for the long haul and need reminders about the health benefits!!! :happy:

Replies

• BobbieJo_1977
    BobbieJo_1977 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I too have about 30# more to lose. I am trying to focus more on exercising & eating better instead of the scale. :) I try to eat between 100-120 grams of protein (I reach that on really great days!) :). You can do it! :) Feel free to add me.
  • kaamilah
    Options
    I Completely understand , & i am here . Im trying to stay on the straight and narrow .
  • lcpurser
    lcpurser Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am consuming between 1800 and 2200 calories a day and still losing so I am all for the philosophy of eat to lose. Spike days are important to to keep metabolism up. We are already friends and you can see that I am losing weight. (I have absolutely no patience and weigh myself every single day though LOL) This is the first time I have ever been succesfull at weight loss and it is because I am not denying myself. I now actually pay attention to the nutritional lables, eat fast food only once every 1-2 weeks, and try o get some exercise in every day whether it is going for a walk around te block, or spending an hour on Dance Central. The slower we lose the weight, the longer it is going to stick! We can't give up!
  • staceyshayden
    Options
    I didn't at first do the spike days I watched everything going in my mouth and I lost 40lbs last year and have kept it off. Jan of this years I started working out 6 days a weeks always doing some kind of cardo and strength training from the wii fit. But the scale NEVER moved and I was getting so aggravated. So I stopped worrying about what I ate (within reason) and I lost 2 pounds. I did this ususally 1 day during the weekend. I have given up on the scale but still do it and started measuring. I have lost 1 inch in my waist and several people i see weekly have made the comment that I look like I have lost weight. I have noticed my bottom half is much firmer. My core is the issue and where I carry my weight. You do what you feel is right and if it works for you keep it up until it stops, then try something else. You did right by deleting those who do not support and offer negative comments. I have about 15lbs to go that will put me in the high end of my weight range but I want to go another 10 past that. We can all learn something from one another and by making the first step well its the hardest one to take.