Fage

Options
I'm looking to try Fage Greek yogurt. I've tried the Dannon and Yoplait versions, but they have so much sugar!! Anyone have good ideas for how I can try plain Fage, but spruce it up? What do you add to yours to make it yummy?

Replies

• hope25
    hope25 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Honey,
    banana
    peanut butter
    stevia
    strawberries
    any kind of fruit ir berries
    applesauce
  • whencynstops
    whencynstops Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I prefer Fage to any of the other brands. I add sliced almonds or a bit of granola to mine with some local honey. mmmmm
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Fage + stevia + tiny splash of vanilla extract + a little cinnamon + blueberries= blueberry cobbler taste :D
  • Cathleenr
    Options
    fage also has more protein and less carbs than the other brands.
    i use fresh blueberries when i can get them and mix some stevia in for sweetness...top with 1/2 ounce chopped almonds...mmmmmmmm
  • Bysshe
    Bysshe Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I know Fage is a yogurt... but it sounds like a grunge band... a grunge band that I'd totally go see! haha.
  • jworb
    jworb Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I add agave nectar to mine, and sometimes granola or fresh fruit. Also, Fage is a GREAT substitute for fat free sour cream. I find it tastes better and is much richer than most fat free sour cream I've tried.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Honey is really good. Blueberries and strawberries too.

Dannon and Yoplait don't have real Greek yogurt. I don't know what they're doing to call it that, but stick with Fage and Chobani!
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    I like to add a packet of fat free hot cocoa mix.
  • ZumbaLin
    ZumbaLin Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Anything! This is great stuff. Fruit, honey, stevia. The texture is so smooooth! And it has so much more protein! If plain, you could compare it to really good sour cream. I also made a 'pancake' with it, with an egg white and oat bran and a little vanilla or cinnamon and stevia. Good!
  • ZumbaLin
    ZumbaLin Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Yum! Gotta try that one!
  • whitneyann0
    whitneyann0 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I know this doesn't answer your question, but I loovveee Chobani Greek Yogurt. My mom eats Fage though. I think she adds berries or blue agave.
  • Virgo09
    Virgo09 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I use a little honey, mixed in with berries (blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries). If I feel like having a little crunch, I'll sprinkle some granola.
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    fresh fruit and nuts or seeds. My favorite is strawberries with chopped pecans. I also like pumpkin seeds or almonds. Hemp hearts are good. All with any fresh fruit. You can pretty much have all the berries you want but weight the nuts/seeds carefully because they add up fast!
  • heatherconcoff
    Options
    Fage or plain Chobani are great. I like the calcium and protein content. I enjoy it with fresh fruit - strawberreis or honeydew melon. After a few days, you can get used to it plain - tangy and nice mouth feel - creamy! Very satisfying. I eat it at least 3-4 days a week. It is a staple in my fridge.
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    A dollop is also very good in beet soup:)
  • butterfly10398
    Options
    I like to add cut fruit to mine... Such as grapes, or strawberry or blueberry... They are sweet themselves so you don't need to add any extra sugar.... :-) I love oikos greek yogurt.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    to make my greek yogurt yummy I just buy the flavor I like and save myself the headache of trying to fool around with combinations unless that's your thing. I can take some extra carbs

<
    lol
  • AussieMisfit
    AussieMisfit Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I don't think we get Fage over here, but I love natural yoghurt with ON protein powder.
  • wendyapple
    wendyapple Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    i think you could literally add anything to fage and it wouldn't be bad.

i love it with banana slices, cinnamon, a tbsp of unsweetened preserves, any seeds, berries, honey, nut butter...

tonight i added a scoop of chocolate vegan protein powder and it got insanely thick like a pot d'creme.
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I can eat fage plain and it tastes really delicious to me.