girly question...

Options
does anyone know where to find a REALLY GOOD sports bra? like solid...made out of steel or something. ?????:laugh:

Thanks
cindy:heart:

Replies

• Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I like the Nike and the underarmor ones, I get them from sports authority.

also, target has some cute ones that are pretty good
  • pniana
    pniana Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I love your question. I agree that it is hard to find good supportive ones but your question made me laugh. My friend suggests wearing two. Or she suggests duct tape! :laugh:
  • pcbta
    pcbta Posts: 227
    Options
    yeah...a few pounds gone, and age getting to me=not pretty.:grumble:

Cindy
    ps...I seriously might try the ductape. tehehehe:laugh:
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    I've gotten some at Target and some at Wal-Mart. They all seem to be about the same - I just make sure to look at the labels and only get ones that are specifically for running or high impact aerobics and sports. They seem to hold the girls in place the best (I'm a D so this is verrrry important:laugh: ). I have been known to double up as well but that is usually when I accidentally get the lower impact ones that do not hold as well....
  • Jewlz
    Jewlz Posts: 135
    Options
    I have the same Problem. I use the Target ones but i have to wear two...and to be honest I hate doing that. I would like to find one for busty woman.:laugh:
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I wear two...I have a very small frame and don't weight much but my 'girls' are c's so I'm a little hefty on top. :laugh:
  • mkwood10
    mkwood10 Posts: 428
    Options
    Try the Danskin ones at Walmart. If I remember right, they were for high-impact, about $10-$13. They don't have underwires in them, but the cups are molded enough that you really don't miss it. It supports me very well without turning into a "uniboob". :laugh:

You might also try TitleNine Sports online. They are a company owned and run by women. Theirs offer very clear descriptions for rated activities and have underwire sports bras too. Their bras are rated by barbells; 1-2=minimal-moderate support, 3-4=maximum support. Their web site is: www.titlenine.com

Good luck - it took me FOREVER to find one that I like, I'll stick with the Walmart cheapie Danskin until they stop making them, then I'll probably have to shell out for the Title 9 ones.
  • stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    My "girls" are really out there--I'm a DDD if I'm anything! But I have found good bras out there that keep 'em reined in (pun intended!) :laugh:

Check out some of the online lingerie stores (I'm not talking Frederick's of Hollywood here!). Try www.figleaves.com and www.herroom.com--those are two places from which I've purchased sports bras. I prefer the kind that fasten like regular bras (no uniboob for me!).

Note the comments from wearers of the bras--sometimes you have to get a whacky size because they sometimes fit very differently from what you're used to wearing. I've tried (and liked) the Royce Impact-Free sports bra (although the back has a velcro closure that goes over the hook & eye part, so the band sticks out a bit more than I'd like). I got that one from figleaves. I also got the Anita Active CoolMax sports bra from herroom. I really like them (but they're rather spendy--totally worth it, though!).

I've also seen some bras online called "shock absorber" and they look quite ferocious. Duct tape without the stickiness is what I'm thinking. :tongue:

Hope this helps!

Cheers! :drinker:
  • pcbta
    Options
    yeah...i agree with all of you. why do most of them say "soft cup" HELLO! what is the point of that on a sports bra? I need wood, or some sort of metal.
    sheesh!

Cindy
  • pcbta
    Options
    oh great Deborah...
    I will go check those out!!

Cindy:heart:
  • Sarandipity
    Sarandipity Posts: 1,560
    Options
    I am having a hard time trying to find a high impact sports bra, the walmart here only has medium support. I am a 44DD and the girls have a lot of bounce to them. I can't seem to find a big enough band size. I find it funny that it is so hard to find support in the bigger sizes... one more hurdle we have to overcome to get in shape I guess.
  • ellybaby
    ellybaby Posts: 12
    Options
    I have a friend that swears by the Frog Bra. I think she buys them online - hope this helps.
  • beerwidow
    beerwidow Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Check out www.titlenine.com. They've got a great selection of sports bras for every type of support!
    It may be a little more money, but well worth it. :-)
  • sinisme
    sinisme Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I honestly wear a regular bra under my sports bra... LOL... there's just no other way.. if I don't.. the 'girls' ache when I'm running!
    hahahahahhaha :laugh:
  • jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    For larger sizes I like the Enell, but they do the whole uni-boob thing, but they stay put!
  • ican♥and♥iwill
    ican♥and♥iwill Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I honestly wear a regular bra under my sports bra... LOL... there's just no other way.. if I don't.. the 'girls' ache when I'm running!
    hahahahahhaha :laugh:

Me too! The best support I've found.
  • isadoraworkman
    isadoraworkman Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Honestly...the uniboob is the last thing I worry about when I'm running...frankly, I welcome it if they prevent bouncing. the best one I've tried is a champion bra...it is a compression bra. i usually take a 32E...but I take a 32DD in champion so they get super-clamped down...sometimes I wear 2.
    A.
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I wear two as well. A regular bra under a sports bra that I got at target. and SOMETIMES I even put one of those tank tops with a shelf bra over that, My friend calls that " the trifecta " dont know if I spelled that right, but its funny! lol I am a DDD so I need to support when I do step and running...
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Kohls has Lily of France sports bras...............

I am a D cup right now and these bras are fantastic!!!! GREAT support.