After a couple bad days...

Options
How do you get yourself back into the swing of things? I need tips!

Replies

• angel_north
    angel_north Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I just start out slowly and some times you just have to make yourself. Once you do it for a few straight days you start feely better, sleep better...
  • southerngirl89
    southerngirl89 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Just remind yourself of how bad you want this, you want to lose weight and be healthy, your not going to get anywhere if you keep eating the nonhealthy type foods....usually i end up guilting myself into making myself mad for not staying on track that i will work harder to get back on track
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Just have to get your frame of mind right, the mirror is usually the biggest motivator. Starting at a logical starting point like Monday is helpful too! Best of luck getting back in the groove!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    just do it. when you know what needs to be done, don't think too hard just DO. so you realize hey, I feel like crap, I've had better days, do what it takes to get back to that place. if it's saying I'll do this amount of exercise, or I'm going to log everything (even all the bad) I ate today. it's saying, okay that workout wasn't as good as it could have been but I'll do better tomorrow. it's keeping your ultimate goal in your mind and when you make mistakes, it's something to refer to. quitting is never an option so just keep trucking. and also, no one likes to waste time and effort, so to say any progress made goes in the garbage is a no deal for me, must keep going
  • workingthisout
    workingthisout Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Whenever I have really bad food days, I make sure to go work out that night and try to burn off some of that. Always track your food, even when you're way over. Everyone has those days, you just have to remember how it made you sick or disappointed, and use it as motivation to eat right the next day
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    im right there with you. i plan on working my *kitten* off first thing in the morning.
  • mdailey93
    Options
    I've been going through the same thing! I'm just going to slowly transition myself back into my good habits. Just take things one day at a time. Good luck!
  • amuchison
    amuchison Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I would say first u have to explore why u went off track n the first place or like your past history u will be doomed to repeat it...all u can do is get back on the wagon the only way u can fail is to quit. Find ways to reward yourself for staying OP and NOT FOOD;) Journal and write down your feelings when u want to go off track. As well post before pics everywhere so u r constantly reminded of where u don't want to go back to. Post a hot pic of u next to it so u can look at where u r proud to be now and want to look and desk better;) U can do this we all fall down but will u stay there or get back up and with that learn how to not fall again or not as hard next time;)
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Start with the knowledge that no one is perfect, realize what it is you want to accomplish and set your mind to accomplishing it. You know what you have to do, its not always going to be easy....in fact some days are going to suck but you have to talk yourself into eating right and exercising. Tell yourself you are worth all the trouble and keep a vision in your mind of how you want to look, keep it there always, its something to work for! Good luck to you on your journey