Jeeze people whats with the negativity!

Options
What is with the negativity on these community threads? I gave my opinion about something then I went back and read through some of the conversation and wow! People are crazy and negative on there!

I thought this site was to encourage people! Not argue and post negative comments! Yes I understand giving your own opinion but jeeze others have opinions too and its okay for them to share them as well! Open-mindedness people! No one has to argue!

A lot of people are in a fragile state on here, struggling to make changes and one of those negative comments could set them off and to the kitchen they go to eat a box of cookies.

Sorry just a little vent! :D

Replies

• musicstardust67
    musicstardust67 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I completely agree. Some people on here need to lighten up about some stuff and stop posting rude, snide, nasty remarks!
  • polonightmare
    Options
    :D < positive contribution to this thread xx
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    SO true.... it's the one thing about this site that drives me bonkers... so many opinions, options etc...which is great... but the holier then thou attitudes need to be flushed down the loo! I hate to think what it does to some of the very fragile newcomers especially who it took a LOT of guts to be vulnerable enough to ask a question etc and then get jumped all over...
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    agreed, if you can't say something nice or helpful with TACT don't say anything at all!
  • TahliS
    TahliS Posts: 52
    Options
    agreed, if you can't say something nice or helpful with TACT don't say anything at all!
    ^^this :)
  • Acherona
    Acherona Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    defiantly agree :D
  • 2012x
    2012x Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    People get kicks out of this type of stuff.

No need for it!
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    It's a bit scary - we want to encourage and be encouraged, and learn how to deal with food and exercise and learn new good lifelong habits - we all of us can learn all the time, even those who think they know everything - there is always another side or another way - and really when it comes down to it, it is what works for the individual. I know I posted on one site when people were sounding off about what people enter as exercise - I said that this is an individual battle, we are not competing against each other! I also said that some people are here for the "fit" but some of us here here because of "fat".

You should never say on a forum what you couldn't say to a person's face. The anonymity of the internet plays a part in the growth of general rudeness I believe.

:flowerforyou: Let's all play nice :laugh:
  • missjoci
    missjoci Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Couldn't agree with you more. I've posted threads where people refer me to doing my own research online before I ask stupid questions. Clearly we post things because we want answers, not to be ridiculed for asking them. It's easier for people to act like that on forums because they can hide behind the computer. We all have opinions, our answers may not always be correct, but there's a nice way to let someone know...just sayin!

:D
  • NomiS6
    NomiS6 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    It takes a lot of courage and will power to look inward and say “I need to change”
    Everyone give yourself a well-done..
  • SassyJuliana
    SassyJuliana Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    SO true.... it's the one thing about this site that drives me bonkers... so many opinions, options etc...which is great... but the holier then thou attitudes need to be flushed down the loo! I hate to think what it does to some of the very fragile newcomers especially who it took a LOT of guts to be vulnerable enough to ask a question etc and then get jumped all over...

This!