How many pounds?

Options
How many pounds did you lose before you had to go down a pants size? I know that there are other factors such as how much toning you are doing and whatnot...but on average how many pounds were lost to get there? I have lost 11 pounds so far and have not noticed much of a difference in the band of my pants. I carry most of my weight around the middle rather than my hips or thighs.

Replies

• jkdarby
    jkdarby Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • iwisheyes
    Options
    I carry quite a bit around the middle too. The last time I lost enough to change pant sizes, I had lost 17 lbs. Everyone is different, though, I suspect.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Fat loss with lean mass retention I noticed at about 10lbs.
    I dropped from a 36x30 pants to 30x30 now.
    First thing I did when I started my weight loss journey was mark my bet hole as a starting point.
    I've since cut that end of the belt off!
  • jkdarby
    jkdarby Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    First thing I did when I started my weight loss journey was mark my bet hole as a starting point.
    I've since cut that end of the belt off!

That's a good idea! And congratulations!
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I'd been wearing 48 jeans for a while now, and I just finally decided they're too big and bought a new pair last week, size 40. It'd be too pricey for me to rush out and buy new pants every time my waist shrinks a little, especially considering my wife thinks these size 40s look a little too big, but the 38s didn't fit (the legs were too small for my gigantor thighs - waist woulda probably been okay).
  • Jdo79
    Jdo79 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    By the time I really thought I needed new pants I had lost 20lbs. I had noticed the ones I was wearing fit better after 10lbs. Went to try on new pants after 20lbs and found I was 2 full sizes smaller.
  • funkycamper
    funkycamper Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    It really has varied a lot for me. Sometimes 20#. And, while this may sound unbelievable, since Christmas I have only lost 1# but I have gone down another pant size. I know, I can hardly believe it myself.
  • blueham5
    blueham5 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    9 pounds from 127 to 118 before I managed to get from size 8 to a size 6.
  • annalee_1
    annalee_1 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Around 20 pounds I need new pants :smile: