I can't stop making excuses!

Options
I can't stop making excuses for one last bar of chocolate bar, one last biscuit, basically one last fat day, followed by i'm just too busy, too tired, too lazy to go to the gym, I will be 30 this year and need some serious motivation to kick start the health kick!

Replies

• Dove954
    Options
    I did the same thing for so long. You just need to set your mind to it and go for it. When you get motivated just do it. Don't wait for anything. I find that if I say I'll workout after I go to the store, then when I get back, I'm too lazy. Once you get started and get into a routine it becomes easier. Good luck with your journey!
  • TNoire
    TNoire Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    write a list of your reasons to lose

be healthy
    live a long life
    be happy with yourself
    your kids
    your spouse
    your family
    most of all YOU
    if you have health problems get healthy for those reasons too
    see your kids grow up
    get married
    etc etc

list goes on
    write it down
    stick it on the fridge
    memorize it
    when you feel like that extra biscuit
    read the list again
    and again
    get it sunk in your mind

goal yourself and when you make that goal have a little chocolate, but exercise enough to burn that chocolate and then some

its a life change
    not a diet

this is part of my story........

graduated high school in January 2000 & quit smoking within 2 years I gained almost 200lbs, swapping smoking with food. March 2009 my doctors told me my body wasn't good being so over weight & they didn't want me to even think of having a baby, til I lost some weight, so off I went on my journey, in 19months I was able to drop off 156lbs, I went from 330lbs to 176lbs in those 19 months, I was so happy, then we sold our old house for our new one, stress came I stopped tracking and working out, I gained some back over the last year, hard to get motivated but now ive been back on track & loving it!

Here is tips I have for YOU yes YOU that are reading this!

females no less than 1200 cals a day
    males no less than 1800 cals a day

why?

if you eat less your body goes into starvation mode which causes it to store which causes weight gain

3500 burned cals = loss on 1lb of fat
    3500 cals = 1lb of fat put on

low carb is key my dietitian says 150 or less per day is a pretty good amount =)

Don't call it a diet just be wise on what you put into your body and treat yourself when you meet your goals

lean meats, red meat and taters 3-4 times in a 2 week period, whole grains keep you fuller longer, heavier meals in the morning, sodium no more than 2400mg a day, fresh fruit and veggies, don't drink you calories, 8+ glasses of water a day, stay away from junk food/fast food/processed food, treat it when you meet your goals, don't eat the samethings daily or do the same workouts or your body will plateau

you can do it! promise!

Ive told ppl I am honest sometimes to honest Ive lost a few MFP friends cause they asked for my advice and then couldn't take it so they took me off there friends list

you want me to snap you into it, add me as a friend =)
  • Oh god your avatar has made me really want a cupcake! I need an excuse...haha.