Too Few Calories!? Moi??

Options
Hello everyone, I guess this is my introductory post as I'm new, please be gentle.
My name is Sangriatic, I'm a 32 year old Aries with a great sense of humo... oh yeah, that info's on my profile, I came here for advice.

In direct contrast to my prior lifestyle, I am now eating too few calories each day and going to bed full anyhow! I don't want my body to go into starvation mode, so I need to make some substitutions in order to increase my intake. I'm also way under on my protein intake. With that in mind, does anyone here have any suggestions for high-protein foods that are low in calories (I don't want to go over either haha) and low in fat?
Also while I'm here making awkward introductions, please feel free to add me. :)

Replies

• AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast, Tuna, Crab, any white fish, protein powder.
  • Sangriatic
    Options
    Thank you!
  • jkdarby
    jkdarby Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast! Peanut butter is also high in protein, but I'm not sure about the fat. I personally try to stay away from peanut butter, because I don't have the problem with too few calories, lol.
  • xASHYxSMASHYx
    xASHYxSMASHYx Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Soy milk, Tofu, Chia Seeds, egg whites, chick peas, navy beans, kidney beans, Edamame, Beef Jerky, Quinoa. Those are a few I can think of. Hope that helps.
  • YannahHayat
    YannahHayat Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love tinned fish, so I go for canned sardines or salmon as a quick snack. A handful of nuts is also good.
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    Fage Greek yoghurt is an absolute must! You can buy it 0% fat, low calorie-style, but it is still really high in protein.
  • CharityPearce
    Options
    All of the above are great options. I keep 100 calorie snack packs of almonds (Emerald) on hand, as I'm often below goal on fat, calories, and sometimes protein. Do what works for you, I sometimes ignore the "You're going to go into starvation mode" warning. If I'm truly sated, then i don't eat. But that's just me. Good luck. ; )
  • Sangriatic
    Options
    Thank you for the suggestions everyone! Variety is the spice of life and you have all given me a lot of options I hadn't thought of, :)
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I find it's easier to drink calories than to eat them. Just a personal thing, really. So I use protein powders and even meal replacement shakes (which are different) when I'm sick or too weak to cook. The protein powder I use on a daily basis. It's the only way I can meet my protein needs - I get repulsed by chicken if I have it too much- same with tuna and any protein really.

Peanut butter works but I hate peanut butter most of the time- so a shake it is.
  • babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of turkey, but the peanut butter protein shake is a great idea.
  • ttck4eva
    Options
    I personally stay below calories on purpose. I then use the calories I have saved for a spike day each week. It is working well for me so far as I am full will my calory intake and need my spike day for motivation and to ensure my body doesn't think it's in starvation mode! It's working great so far :-)