Quick and easy breakfast in a cup.

Options
galegetsthin
galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
I had a really tasty breakfast this morning that only took about 3 minutes to make! High in protein, low in carbs. You can add a peice of toast if you want, but I was full and am still satisfied 4 hours later.
I actually made it in the microwave! Here is the info:

1/2 c. chopped fresh spinach
1/2 c. sliced mushrooms
1/2 c. fat free egg beaters
2 tbsp diced tomato
1 wedge of laughing cow swiss
2tbsp diced avocado for the top

spray a large mug with pam, microwave spinach and mushrooms for 1.5 minutes, drain water, add egg, tomato and cheese wedge (in small pieces). Microwave 1 minute, stir, microwave another 30 seconds if it needs it. top with avocado. REALLY YUMMY!!!!

Nutrition Info:
140 cal
5g fat
7g carbs
2g fiber
3g sugar
17g protein

Replies

• teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    ty for sharing, sounds very yummy!!!
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Yum
  • Solly123
    Solly123 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    In Ireland here.. Can I ask, what are Egg Beaters??

In Ireland, you usually beat eggs with a fork or a whisk?? Presuming you can eat these Egg Beaters..

The breakfast sounds really yummy - just have no idea of what this ingredient is!! :blushing:
  • fjrandol
    fjrandol Posts: 437 Member
    Options

In Ireland, you usually beat eggs with a fork or a whisk?? Presuming you can eat these Egg Beaters..

The breakfast sounds really yummy - just have no idea of what this ingredient is!! :blushing:

bump!

Egg beaters are egg whites in a carton, found with the regular eggs at the grocery store.
  • slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Basically you're all so lazy you can't even take your own yolks out so they do it for you ;) just kidding but seriously egg whites aren't that hard surely?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Basically you're all so lazy you can't even take your own yolks out so they do it for you ;) just kidding but seriously egg whites aren't that hard surely?

No they are in liquid form, and sold in a small "milk" carton like containers. Kinda nice actually. They look like beaten eggs (yellow even). I'm not sure if they are "just" egg whites, but they are lower fat and lower cholesterol.
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options

If you use regular egg whites, the microwave makes them rubbery. And I have a hard time eating "white" eggs. Its like the green ketchup a few years ago..... I just cant do it.
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • cunnine
    Options
    Thanks, sound great
  • jworb
    jworb Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • pmaxson
    pmaxson Posts: 137
    Options
    Thank you!
  • chanson104
    Options
    bump
  • irishbabe_78
    irishbabe_78 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    yum! gonna have to try it!
  • KELNEL0723
    Options
    Bump
  • Solly123
    Solly123 Posts: 162 Member
    Options

bump!

Egg beaters are egg whites in a carton, found with the regular eggs at the grocery store.

Aaahh.. So just egg white.. Ok.. We definitely don't have that in Ireland.. We just get the egg.. Eggs in their shells is the only way its sold..

Ah, so now can make this recipe.. Mmmm... Know what I'm having tomorrow morning for breakfast then!!

Thanks for that!! :flowerforyou:
  • BiggGrizz
    BiggGrizz Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    bump
  • easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I love mug eggs! Thanks for the veggie ideas!
  • cstakes02
    Options
    I am fairly new...Can you please tell me why everyone is saying "bump?"
    Thanks!
  • fabulousby45
    Options
    Love it, thanks! :drinker:
  • ceerose3
    Options
    I'm gonna have to try that recipe, less the avacado. Thanks!