don't know what I'm doing wrong :-(

Options
So I've spent the last week working my *kitten* off with excersiseaand eating well and didn't lose one pound this week can one if you fabulous people who have lost so much weight please look.at my diary and offer some advice? Surely my muscle wouldn't weigh mire after kinky two weeks of hard exercise?

Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    You have been at it a week.
    It takes 2-4 weeks to adjust then you should start really kicking it in.
    first and foremost...you dont eat enough to lose anything.

You will survive this with patience!
    Eat between 1600-1800 calories daily if you are 5'2" and above and work out 3 times a week.
    Sleep 6-9 hours a night.
    custom set MFP for Protein and Fat to 30% and always get your macros in.

If you need additional help feel free to PM me.
  • Helloitsdan
    Options
    Sorry for the second post but if you dont think this works take a look at my wall!

=D
  • DeenieWeenie
    DeenieWeenie Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Your not eating enough calories one day, skipping meals, then go over your calories the next. Did you not eat at all today?
  • I don't see any water being logged, try to drink atleast the 8 cups other then that stick with it you just started and it will start to come off, also don't skip any meals try to eat something and try to stay within your goal calories. .. DONT QUIT !!!!! your doing awesome and it will come off..
  • Prek2005
    Options
    My advice to you and to everyone else.......you did not gain your weight overnight and you are not going to lose it overnight! Also, stop thinking of losing weight as a diet, it is a lifestyle change. My key to losing my 16 pounds so for is simply watching portion control, and making sure I'm getting enough calories throughout the day. If I exercise and burn calorie I make sure that a replace them back, and I don't eat no less that 1200 calories per day. My calorie range is between 1200-1500 calories per day. Finally, drink plenty of plain water.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    So I've spent the last week working my *kitten* off with excersiseaand eating well and didn't lose one pound this week can one if you fabulous people who have lost so much weight please look.at my diary and offer some advice? Surely my muscle wouldn't weigh mire after kinky two weeks of hard exercise?
    Try eating closer to goal every day.
    And give it some more time. No need to panic yet.

All is well.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options

Eat between 1600-1800 calories daily if you are 5'2" and above and work out 3 times a week.
    Sleep 6-9 hours a night.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
    THIS
    He knows his stuff.......
  • elledo
    elledo Posts: 80
    Options
    I agree with everything that's been said. I felt exactly the same in the first couple of weeks but it works, you just need to keep going!
  • scavabird
    scavabird Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm skeptical... I was Very slowly loosing weight/plateau eating 1200/day but burning about 400. Then I read all the posts about not eating enough so I bumped it up to 1200/day net and I gained back everything I had lost in the space of two weeks. At which point I gave up in disgust and am now going to go back to net 600. I'm absolutely sure your formula works for you (and by you I mean all of the wonderful people who have shared what worked for them) but I think different people may have very different basal calorie needs
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    <~~
  • irisheyes1977
    Options
    could just be gaining muscle mass...people tend to see their weight go up a little after starting an exercise routine. nothing wrong with gaining some muscle you could be losing inches and not even know it if your not logging it.
  • sorry this was for helloitsdan, where do you do this ???0 " custom set MFP for Protein and Fat to 30% and always get your macros in"

I found where to set this but it won' t let me change both it only lets you change one or the other..
    any ideas?
  • scoste
    scoste Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I see that you have skipped lunch occasionally. Some days you are better than others with getting your fruits and vegetables in. Try and eat less processed foods. Don't be discouraged by no weight loss this week. Some weeks I have stayed the same. You will have good and bad weeks. I have always gain a few pounds around a certain time of the month. Keep plugging away. This website is great for talking to others going through the same thing!!
  • scoste
    scoste Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You are so right. Love your advise @prek2005
  • FatFernando
    FatFernando Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have to watch the amount of sodium i take in. All it takes is that evil handful of potato chips when I get home from work for my body to hold extra pound or two water.
  • maryjay51
    Options
    try to lay back on fatty content foods and eat healthy fats like olive oil and coconut oil . anything with omega 3s in it is good for you. i would ramp up on the protein intake. your meals need more healthy food in them..keep up the good work though.. i been at this for two years now and very successful at it .. i learned alot along the way and still am learning. ive made a ton of changes through the months.. always looking to improve. not losing a lb is not the end all .itll come off in due time
  • Helloitsdan
    Options
    I'm skeptical... I was Very slowly loosing weight/plateau eating 1200/day but burning about 400. Then I read all the posts about not eating enough so I bumped it up to 1200/day net and I gained back everything I had lost in the space of two weeks. At which point I gave up in disgust and am now going to go back to net 600. I'm absolutely sure your formula works for you (and by you I mean all of the wonderful people who have shared what worked for them) but I think different people may have very different basal calorie needs

Water weight will happen when adding any amount of food over the norm.
    Also since you eat at 1200 or below you have lost some muscle mass.
    By adding extra food and carbs the muscles will flood with water for nutrients.
    You dont give enough nutrients though so at some point the body will catabolize the muscle tissue and you will gain fat!

Wait till you finally PM me for numbers and I tell you to eat 1600-2k a day.
    Then after a week youll have energy like none other!

Then the fat will come off but the muscles, including your heart, will remain intact.
  • maryjay51
    Options
    i disagree that if you stick to a 1200 calorie a day diet you lose muscle mass.. i eat a lot of protein in my diet.. and i have muscle mass.. my gym told me my body composition is good for someone my age and size and above normal.. i typically eat 1200-1400 calories a day but i really try hard to eat healthy. tons of chicken and turkey , some fish ... rarely beef but once in awhile i do indulge.. good carbs,fruit and vegetables.. six smaller meals a day .my dr is amazed at my transformation through the last two years
  • siwelh
    siwelh Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    A few things may be going on:

1) It is my understanding that when you are working out a lot and building muscle- you will retain water a little more. I guess that to build muscle, you actually tear it and it recovers bigger and stronger- but off the bat your body holds on to more water as an aid to this repair. Your actual loss may be "hiding" behind water gain.
    2) If you are working out too hard/long without properly fueling yourself, your body will burn too much muscle and not enough fat. Then your body does not burn as much while resting, because you have less muscle.
    3) If you are seriously upping your workouts, your body may be confused and will hang out at the same weight for a few weeks. When your body learns this is the new "normal" and that you are eating enough, it will suddenly let go and you will have a big loss. At least, this is what happens for me.
    4) Your body comp may be changing and you might be getting smaller, but not losing because you are changing fat to muscle.

If it's any of the above 4- stick with it and in a few weeks you should see a good drop.

I would also suggest eating less sodium and less processed foods- and more lean protein. And really trying to stick to your daily calories every day. It's one thing if you are not working out- but if you are exercising hard, then your body needs enough quality food to fuel you through the workouts.

Of course-it might not be one of the above. There is always human error- counting too much for a workout, not measuring food, etc. Hoping things improve next weigh in.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options

Sleep 6-9 hours a night.

I'm 5'4" and I eat far more than the calories you're recommending. Everyone is different. It isn't a good idea to make blanket statements about how many calories or how much someone should work out. Just sayin'.